Page 5 of 49 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Prove to me that God doesn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Also, my dad is no saint. Not a bad guy, but I'm sure he's stolen and coveted in his past, lol.

If there is a heaven, and he can get in, you're a shoe-in bro!
    Being a “good person” is not what gets you into heaven. At the end of the day, there is no such thing as a “good person”.

For example, say you’ve never stolen or lied or what have you, you’d consider that good. But what if we had a screen on the back of your head that showed all your thoughts, do you think those would be considered good?

I've seen all of the arguments except one. Oftentimes we hear that "Science can explain this... science can explain that". Let's just say that one thing Science can never explain is where science originated. Sure, a tree can be broken down to the cellular and microscopic level, but that doesn't explain how such an amazingly complex organism came to exist and why those cells formed the way they did. Even if you attribute it to evolution, there is still no origin. Even if you go back to the big bang... what is before that? What created that? We know the universe is expanding... towards what? What's beyond that void? What is creating MORE universe space?

While organized religion certainly has it's faults, I believe that the lack of any form or structured morality has far more. If this is just all predicated on science at the behavioral level... then you could explain Hitler as just a dominant being, and the Holocaust as natural selection. Nobody with ANY shred of humanity views it that way because of our humanity and empathy. Where did caring for our fellow man come from? Even when we feel that they serve us no purpose in this life? I'd never harm or kill an ANTIFA member, even though I feel that they are borderline evil. Why? It is an emotion that cannot be explained on any basis of survival instinct, and has no roots in my evolution as a human being at all.

The universe is billions of years old.. maybe trillions. Man has existed for less than a 1,000th of a percent of that time. To say that our vast brains have figured even a 1000th of a percent of anything out is anit-science. The denial of a greater force makes less sense than it's existence. We cannot explain natural morality as it has no survival instinct, and we cannot explain origins because all needs to be built from something... So there is a greater influence that is a creator, and has influenced man to have a sense of morality... beyond that I don't know, but to deny those two arguments is unfounded.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Being a “good person” is not what gets you into heaven. At the end of the day, there is no such thing as a “good person”.

For example, say you’ve never stolen or lied or what have you, you’d consider that good. But what if we had a screen on the back of your head that showed all your thoughts, do you think those would be considered good?
    Thought police, huh?

Does it matter? I feel like I can think about all of the most horrible things I could ever do. But as long as I don't act on those thoughts, who cares.

Lets take pedophile priests for example. They acted on those thoughts and hopefully will spend an eternity in hell (if there is one).

There is most likely at least one priest who has/had such thoughts, but did not act on them whatsoever. I don't think that priest should be judged the same as the ones that acted on their thoughts.

Blog Entries

Thought police, huh?

Does it matter? I feel like I can think about all of the most horrible things I could ever do. But as long as I don't act on those thoughts, who cares.

Lets take pedophile priests for example. They acted on those thoughts and hopefully will spend an eternity in hell (if there is one).

There is most likely at least one priest who has/had such thoughts, but did not act on them whatsoever. I don't think that priest should be judged the same as the ones that acted on their thoughts.
    I'm not policing anyone's thoughts. I asked what YOU thought of them.

The reason I used that example is to show that there is no such thing as a good person. Do you think "good people" would think of such things?

According to Christianity - there is no good people go to heaven, bad people go to hell, cause EVERYONE is bad. Where would the cut off be? What if it was like grades at school? What if you needed a 3.0 GPA, what if you had a 2.99??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I've seen all of the arguments except one. Oftentimes we hear that "Science can explain this... science can explain that". Let's just say that one thing Science can never explain is where science originated. Sure, a tree can be broken down to the cellular and microscopic level, but that doesn't explain how such an amazingly complex organism came to exist and why those cells formed the way they did. Even if you attribute it to evolution, there is still no origin. Even if you go back to the big bang... what is before that? What created that? We know the universe is expanding... towards what? What's beyond that void? What is creating MORE universe space?

While organized religion certainly has it's faults, I believe that the lack of any form or structured morality has far more. If this is just all predicated on science at the behavioral level... then you could explain Hitler as just a dominant being, and the Holocaust as natural selection. Nobody with ANY shred of humanity views it that way because of our humanity and empathy. Where did caring for our fellow man come from? Even when we feel that they serve us no purpose in this life? I'd never harm or kill an ANTIFA member, even though I feel that they are borderline evil. Why? It is an emotion that cannot be explained on any basis of survival instinct, and has no roots in my evolution as a human being at all.

The universe is billions of years old.. maybe trillions. Man has existed for less than a 1,000th of a percent of that time. To say that our vast brains have figured even a 1000th of a percent of anything out is anit-science. The denial of a greater force makes less sense than it's existence. We cannot explain natural morality as it has no survival instinct, and we cannot explain origins because all needs to be built from something... So there is a greater influence that is a creator, and has influenced man to have a sense of morality... beyond that I don't know, but to deny those two arguments is unfounded.
    Great point.

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post

Great post. Goes back to what I said about how we are not only living on a planet that is in that goldilocks zone that allows for life to exist but it has also allowed for conscious life to exist, life that is aware enough to marvel at the vastness of the universe and comprehend right from wrong despite it having no real life benefit towards themselves while all other life on Earth simply kills to survive and survives to kill.

Thought police, huh?

What is exactly keeping you from acting on those thoughts though?

Billy could be seriously considering murdering Sally.. but Billy doesn't want to go to prison where the rest of his life will suck pretty bad. Therefore, he doesn't.. despite the fact that he wants to. He's still a murderer in Gods eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post

Billy could be seriously considering murdering Sally.. but Billy doesn't want to go to prison where the rest of his life will suck pretty bad. Therefore, he doesn't.. despite the fact that he wants to. He's still a murderer in Gods eyes.
    Then God is an asshole, cause Billy didn't kill anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post

Also, this is no good for about 90%+ of men.

How many of us have not looked at a fine ass and thought "aww damn the stuff I'd do to that".

Boom, we're all rapists now in the eyes of God.

Blog Entries

Also, this is no good for about 90%+ of men.

How many of us have not looked at a fine ass and thought "aww damn the stuff I'd do to that".

Boom, we're all rapists now in the eyes of God.
    Actually, it would be an adulterer.

Matthew 5:28 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Actually, it would be an adulterer.

Matthew 5:28 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
    Fine, 90%+ of men are adulterers then. See you in hell. :)

Blog Entries

Fine, 90%+ of men are adulterers then. See you in hell. :)
    Not me brother. I've accepted the pardon God has offered.