Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 474849

Re: Prove to me that God doesn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    So Lets examine this. You completely ignore AND.
    Somehow focus on the second pare is the only important part, cause well, like I said, let’s ignore the parts of the Bible that don’t fit with the beliefs stated.
    So I guess your point is that not believing means your condemned. Well duh. Notice not a contradiction of my belief. There would also be no baptism for non believers, again not a contradiction of my belief. Also, there would only be one baptism, but you can walk away from believing, even after being baptized, but you cannot get unbaptized. So really there is no need for additional commentary like the unbelief.
    I must have missed where they said baptized with water in the verse you posted.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I must have missed where they said baptized with water in the verse you posted.

So baptism means what then in the verses I posted???

Blog Entries

So baptism means what then in the verses I posted???
    Possibly the Holy Spirit. In the verse you posted it was after the resurrection, in Acts 1:5 Luke says Jesus tells them after the resurrection "for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”

Not saying this is 100% the case, just it's possible this is what was meant.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Possibly the Holy Spirit. In the verse you posted it was after the resurrection, in Acts 1:5 Luke says Jesus tells them after the resurrection "for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.”

Not saying this is 100% the case, just it's possible this is what was meant.
    Sure you absolutely get baptized with the Holy Spirit, however even in your example, there was still the water baptism. And Jesus stilled modeled the water baptism.

Sure you absolutely get baptized with the Holy Spirit, however even in your example, there was still the water baptism. And Jesus stilled modeled the water baptism.
    "for all righteousness" doesn't say it's required, just proper.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    "for all righteousness" doesn't say it's required, just proper.

Interesting take on Jesus words. I’m gonna stick with Jesus wasn’t looking for half measures, like hey getting baptized will help you get an A but if you don’t you can still pass with a C.