Page 41 of 49 FirstFirst ... 3940414243 ... LastLast

Re: Prove to me that God doesn't exist

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    You've got your panties in such a wad and so ready to argue that you didn't catch that was a joke... Or at least in part cause you said "why you donīt believe that in time this leads to new spieces? Even without all the actual proof, it seems even pure logic would lead you there?"
    So.. something had to involve into cats, what was this old species that evolved into the new species- cats?

See my point?
    Whoīs arguing? Iīm simply pointing out thatīs not how it works to someone who has stated he doesnīt really understand evolution and has shown again and again he really doesnt. Wheather it was partly a joke or not is then irrelevant to me.
    I only use boxer shorts btw, but Iīm not judgemental, you do you!

Indeed. The modern domesticated cat has a common ancestor with all other living cats from somewhere around 10-15 million years ago. It was the last branch to form on that tree, where lions among others were the first. This family is called felidae, a branch if you will of the feliformia. And the we could go further back if we wish.

Again, this is why I don't really bother talking anything of substance with you. This is your first post about millions of years. If it's been in the links, I haven't read them. I'm asking you these questions, not the links.

In 1 or 10 or 100 million years I think dogs will still be giving birth to more dogs
    It is not, I have mentioned it before, and if you donīt read facts I post thatīs on you, not me. And if one talks evolution itīs a given weīre talking about millions of years.

Now you're not as smart as you think you are, but I'm fairly certain there is some sort of intelligence behind the words I'm reading and they're aren't just random letters forming themselves into semi-coherent sentences.
    Iīm almost exactly as smart or not as smart as I think I am, I know what I know and what I donīt know, unlike several posters here. That comes from constantly question oneslefs beliefs and basic curiosity.
    The little smear you use here to try and compare with abiogenesis is like talking about apples and pears. No, apples and yachts or something. If you wanna make give some sort of evidence that the origin of life was started by divine forces you have to to better.

I'll admit that was a poorly written sentence but I'm not shocked you jumped on it to try to make a point that wasn't being discussed. "They" being what you call transitional species was what I was saying we don't know that they weren't just some other species that died out, we don't KNOW they if they even had offspring much less evolved into the whales we have now, which I said before. And also like I said before if it did all it would show is that whales produce more whales they just evolve within their own species (micro evolution)

Also... I really don't care if I get any effort from you on this, much less if this convo even continues past this post.
    Yes, we DO know that! Unless you wanna go all qusi-philosofical here and claim we donīt know since we werenīt there, does a tree make a sound when it falls if nooneīs there to hear it etc etc. But if you actually read about the subject instead of bitching about me posting actual scientific research and links where experts on these fields explain how whales came to be what we see today you wouldnīt have to post nonsense like this. Youīve several times stated that you donīt know about this, and presumably thatīs why you put God into the gaps you donīt understand. Which thereīs no reason to do any longer, we know more than enough about evolution and how spieces evolve into other spieces, whales is actually a great example since we know a lot of transitional spieces. From Pakicetus, indohyus that are considered the earliest "whales", and all the way through, each with distinctive skeletal feautures that exist only in whales today, each looking less and less like the land living pakicetus and more like modern whales.

I've said what it means from the very beginning. You've either forgotten, or missing it intentionally. I'm not sure and don't care.
    And Iīve replied with facts releavnt for you question, which is why I keep wondering why itīs like banging a head against a wall?

Sure you survive evolution. If the human species doesn't have the ability to clot and stop bleeding when we're cut we would die out, thus we wouldn't survive.
    That is not "surviving evolution", thatīs evolution period.

"Design flaws" and despite them... life has been able to thrive for millions and millions of years? Nope... no evidence of a creator...
    Correct, there is absolutley no evidence of a creator involved at all. But I, unlike you, would be open to science that says otherwise if you have any.
    If there was a creator, he did one hell of a lousy job. If it is all the result of evolution though, it all makes sense.

No, this topic really isn't that of interest to me where I'm reading those links. I see creation as evidence that God created, how it all came to be exactly is not that important. If you want to tell me I'll read it, I'm not having a conversation for you to go to Google on my behalf.
    Unbelievable... This is basically you saying "I have problems with evolution, like the digestive system, and if you explain it to me in your words, I might read it, but if you try and back it up by giving me actual scientific research into how it evolved, Iīm not interrested. Iīll just say it was god instead, and pretend there are no answers to my problems".

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Yes because those who have not abided in Him have not called upon His name for salvation
    Again to be a branch on the vine you would have to believe.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bossofataka View Post
    Indeed. The modern domesticated cat has a common ancestor with all other living cats from somewhere around 10-15 million years ago. It was the last branch to form on that tree, where lions among others were the first. This family is called felidae, a branch if you will of the feliformia. And the we could go further back if we wish.
    Exactly cats come from other cats.

Iīm almost exactly as smart or not as smart as I think I am, I know what I know and what I donīt know, unlike several posters here. That comes from constantly question oneslefs beliefs and basic curiosity. The little smear you use here to try and compare with abiogenesis is like talking about apples and pears. No, apples and yachts or something. If you wanna make give some sort of evidence that the origin of life was started by divine forces you have to to better.
    That's not an abiogenesis question to answer. It's a logical one. If we being the intelligent creatures create an environment that can create new life, then we we're the intelligence behind it!

I can explain that to you all day, but I can't understand it for you

Yes, we DO know that! Unless you wanna go all qusi-philosofical here and claim we donīt know since we werenīt there, does a tree make a sound when it falls if nooneīs there to hear it etc etc. But if you actually read about the subject instead of bitching about me posting actual scientific research and links where experts on these fields explain how whales came to be what we see today you wouldnīt have to post nonsense like this. Youīve several times stated that you donīt know about this, and presumably thatīs why you put God into the gaps you donīt understand. Which thereīs no reason to do any longer, we know more than enough about evolution and how spieces evolve into other spieces, whales is actually a great example since we know a lot of transitional spieces. From Pakicetus, indohyus that are considered the earliest "whales", and all the way through, each with distinctive skeletal feautures that exist only in whales today, each looking less and less like the land living pakicetus and more like modern whales.
    I don't put God in the gaps. I put God at the beginning.

That is not "surviving evolution", thatīs evolution period.
    Call it whatever you'd like, the point remains.

Correct, there is absolutley no evidence of a creator involved at all. But I, unlike you, would be open to science that says otherwise if you have any. If there was a creator, he did one hell of a lousy job. If it is all the result of evolution though, it all makes sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Again to be a branch on the vine you would have to believe.
    Just going to have to agree to disagree my friend.

How about this, so we can finally put this to bed... why don't you just tell me what you think the verse Culex posted means?
    So it’s not that we are really at a disagreement about what this means, again I just think there is more. This would be the past tense of saved. Akin to I have been saved portion of I have been saved, I am being saved, I will be saved expression of salvation as past, present and future. However as I have said before people can walk away only disobedience, which is not at odds with cannot be snatched from my hand

Cats come from cats, I donīt care about the digestive system that asked about, not really, I just thought you couldnīt find evidence for it evolving, and Iīll cut and paste out what I canīt contradict and send you a 3 min video of a thelogan when you ask for scientific proof of my divine claims

Blog Entries

Childish. Not surprising.

Childish. Not surprising.
    https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...72#post1706472

Pot meet kettle, as you once told me. How many more "mature" posts by you do you wish for me to link to?
    You deliberatly try and make a mockery of this discussion, then this is what you get.

Blog Entries

https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...72#post1706472

Pot meet kettle, as you once told me. How many more "mature" posts by you do you wish for me to link to?
    You deliberatly try and make a mockery of this discussion, then this is what you get.
    HAHAHA. I explained that was from a pop-culture movie and you still don't get it.

HAHAHA. I explained that was from a pop-culture movie and you still don't get it.
    Why on earth are you laughing here... you donīt even understand what Iīm saying... Youīre looking like a fool in this thread and still think itīs funny...

Blog Entries

Why on earth are you laughing here... you donīt even understand what Iīm saying... Youīre looking like a fool in this thread and still think itīs funny...
    Go away child.

Go away child.
    Educate yourself "man".