Hello Everyone,

I receive regular emails from the Ravens PR staff including presser transcripts. I'll post today's here but let me know if this is something you'd like me to do on a regular basis.

OLB Tyus Bowser

On if he feels different this year: “Yes, I feel different with the opportunity coming through and having the chance to go out there and show what I can do. This year has definitely been exciting for me to go out there and show what I can do.”

On if he feels he has solidified his spot on the roster: “There is always work to be done. I’m never satisfied, and that’s always been my mindset. My mindset is just to go out there each and every day and continue to work to get to that spot. I don’t think I’m there, yet, but it’s always good to have stuff to work on. That’s been my mindset.”

On what he had to work on, specifically, coming into training camp: “Just being able to set a good edge, being stronger, working as far as my pass rush. That’s been the main thing, getting to the passer and really going out there and playing fast. In my opinion, I’ve been out there a couple of times being timid, but it’s good to go out there and have the plays out there to make yourself comfortable. That’s been really big for me.”

On the key to not playing timid: “I feel like it’s just reps, getting a feel for the game. Last year, not having as many plays as I did … Well, as I had beforehand, especially with preseason, just playing a lot more … Guys being able to get the feel for the game a lot more, being out there, seeing how guys set and the pace of the game … When you’re going out there for one or two plays, you don’t really get a solid feel for it. Preseason has really been big for me, as far as getting that pace of the game right and getting a feel for it so I can go out there and not be timid, and just go out there and play my game.”

On what is difficult about setting the edge: “Mainly, it’s just technique and being able to have the strength to be able to hold the edge. You’re going against guys like Orlando Brown. Those are big guys that you have to really hold and anchor down to keep the edge tight. So, [it’s about] just really working on my technique, attacking that block and being able to keep my eyes outside and make sure nothing comes outside of me.”

On if he has confidence in the pass rush production despite the loss of defensive veterans this offseason: “Of course. With me, Tim [Williams], Shane Ray out there, [Matthew] Judon coming off a really good season, especially ‘Phee’ [Pernell McPhee] and where he’s come from and what he’s done, putting himself in this position, I definitely feel like it’s a reloading type of year – just going out there and having guys who are hungry to go out there and get to the quarterback. I’m definitely confident in our pass rushing group, along with our D-line. So, I feel like it’s going to be a really good year.”

On if hearing questions and criticism about the pass rush is a motivator: “Yes, of course. You always want to prove others wrong when they feel like they’re not confident in what you can do or within the group. It’s always something that you … It’s like a chip on your shoulder to go out there and show those guys wrong, and also, show yourself right and prove yourself right and those who believe in you that you can go out there and rush the passer.”

On what he meant when he previously told media how he looks back on hard times from various points in his life to motivate himself: “Just the times where it was kind of hard for me to get myself going or when I had a bad game, or I wasn’t as sure or as confident as I was before, just using those times to motivate you and understand that you’re going to have those times. All you have to do is go out there and play your game. That’s kind of what I’m trying to get back to. It’s really just going out there, playing fast and knowing that you’ve been through worse times, and you can really go out there and know what they expect. When you do see it, when it does come around, it’s not going to faze you. You just move that past and you just keep playing, keep moving forward.”

On if he feels like he underperformed during his first few years in the NFL: “No, I don’t feel like I underperformed. I go out each and every day playing as hard as I can. All I can do is control what I can control. The plays that I did play, I went out there and tried to do the best that I could. Of course, I’m going to make mistakes. I’m going to go out there, and not everybody is perfect, so you’re going to have those times. For me, I definitely know each and every time I did go out there, I went out and played as fast as I could, worked as hard as I could to help that defense do what was needed to win the game.”