Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Luck retiring

1. Re: Luck retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    His contract runs through 2021 so I believe that leaves Indy somewhere between $30 and $45M in dead money. Can anyone confirm?
    OverTheCap has already updated. They show $18.4m dead in 2019 and $6.4m dead in 2020. Definitely not that big of a deal. Seems like they do still need to pay him the $6m roster bonus he earned on March 17th. He has $21m in roster bonus that he won't touch since he won't be on the roster in 2020 or 2021 (full breakdown)

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    They can go after him for any bonus money
    They could, but do you think they will?
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Re: Luck retiring

It didn't sound like Luck's latest injury is serious enough to justify retirement. I think he may be a head case. It's not like he's had repeated concussions which could jeopardize his long term health.
    Bert Jones retired early too he was good but he was not in the same class as Luck.

I never liked the way the Colts left Baltimore or the way they seemed to lose intentionally to get Luck in the first place (suck for Luck). I didn't think it fair that they got Luck right after Peyton Manning. So the heck with them I hope they go through years or decades of poor to mediocre QB's now like the Browns and Jets.

3. Re: Luck retiring

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    That's it! Flip the script on paying for quarterbacks, treat them like RBs in terms of paying them.
    The Ravens are the team to do this. And it really does need to be done. What we're watching right now is the closest thing to that, probably ever, and I'd like to see them push it as far that way as it can go. There's so much innovation that can be done, in so many different ways, when teams dispense with the orthodoxies and the cliches that go with them. I'm here to pay attention to and discuss this type of football and to root for it to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    OverTheCap has already updated. They show $18.4m dead in 2019 and $6.4m dead in 2020. Definitely not that big of a deal. Seems like they do still need to pay him the $6m roster bonus he earned on March 17th. He has $21m in roster bonus that he won't touch since he won't be on the roster in 2020 or 2021 (full breakdown)

They could, but do you think they will?
    Why wouldn't they?

Not this year, that would be for 2020. The guy is supposed to be for 2021. I'll try and find his name and report back. The Patriots wonks are trying to scheme up a scenario where Belichick trades up for him but say no team will ever be able to do it because whoever gets him will be set up for a decade.

So the tank job is for next year.
    You must be referring to Trevor Lawrence of Clemson. The Messiah! Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    You must be referring to Trevor Lawrence of Clemson. The Messiah! Lol.

Muhammad Ali is not a fan of Trevor Lawrence.

Blog Entries

This maybe a powermove to exit from the colts. I'd be interested to hear in the next couple of weeks if there are any teams he'd unretire to play for.
    Doubtful. The Colts are unlikely to release him. It's like Megateon wanting to go to NE. He couldn't because he was under contract with the Lions and they refused to release or trade him.

Who the fuck is over Cundiff? I'm passing that grudge down to my children in my will.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    He's got a terrible voice for an analyst
    True.

Remember Ho-ward Co-sell?
    He did ok.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Blog Entries

Wow. That was really unexpected.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Why wouldn't they? (go after Luck's bonus money)
    If Luck's latest injury is severe enough to explain his retirement then I don't think the Colts would try to recoup the $$$. However, they also should not release him to perhaps come back next year to join another team either. Anyway, that's my take... Bc

Wow. People are gonna hate on him but he's a smart guy and I'm sure thought long and hard about this difficult decision. I forgot how banged up he'd gotten too. I hope whatever he does next brings him happiness in life.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk