Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Re: Reactions & Thoughts to Game 3?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    This has been a crazy week on this damned board.
    Sorry. I'm back now.

We will finally get over the wide receiver plague. Hollywood and Boykin will be a top duo in this league in due time if they remain healthy. I can feel it in my jellies

I like Barbs idea of a developmental squad. One where you actually sign players so they can't be poached. Sometimes it takes a couple years for the lights to go on and the speed of the game to slow down. Too many times guys develop in year 3 or 4, they were kept on the 53 the first couple of years so they didn't lose them from the practice squad. Then they have a really solid contract year and are gone. You get 1-2 years out of a player after all the investment only to lose them.

It should change along with fewer preseason games

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    I like Barbs idea of a developmental squad. One where you actually sign players so they can't be poached. Sometimes it takes a couple years for the lights to go on and the speed of the game to slow down. Too many times guys develop in year 3 or 4, they were kept on the 53 the first couple of years so they didn't lose them from the practice squad. Then they have a really solid contract year and are gone. You get 1-2 years out of a player after all the investment only to lose them.

Just expand the rosters then. Which I support.

Impossible to evaluate the pass rushers because the Eagles weren’t playing their starting tackles. If Jason Peters is out there then sure.
    When the “first teams” were out there our Dline got pushed around a little.
    Also the fact that they are bringing in Worrilow kinda worries me that there’s an injury that Harbs hasn’t made public yet to Pnut Young or Board. Or at least that one will miss some time.

Anyone else worried about the Oline? I really felt like C/LG were positions that should have been addressed in the offseason.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Just expand the rosters then. Which I support.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post

I doubt the NFLPA would like that. But it’s always a bargaining chip I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Yeah, I'm worried about the o-line and the pass rushing I thought the Eagles QB had some time sitting back there plenty of times.

I'm giving the o-line til the regular season when they will have their full playbook and Lamar becomes a threat to run. Preseason offenses are pretty vanilla and no threat of LJ running. They also couldnt run block last year when Flacco was in but that changed when Lamars running became an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravskins View Post
    Yeah, I'm worried about the o-line and the pass rushing I thought the Eagles QB had some time sitting back there plenty of times.

I'm giving the o-line til the regular season when they will have their full playbook and Lamar becomes a threat to run. Preseason offenses are pretty vanilla and no threat of LJ running. They also couldnt run block last year when Flacco was in but that changed when Lamars running became an impact.
    This is what I am hoping for regarding the Oline. I mean, we are are going into this season with essentially the same Oline, so theoretically, we shouldn't be worse. This same oline is still the one that got bitch slapped by the Chargers in the Wildcard game, so I was hoping we could add another stud to the line, but it wasn't in the cards. I know it was rumored that the Ravens were interested in Garrett Bradbury. He would look real nice in Ravens purple, but he was scooped up by the Vikings.

I don't think the sky is falling, but the interior Oline will need some work next offseason.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    I doubt the NFLPA would like that. But it’s always a bargaining chip I guess.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    NFLPA will like anything that results in more players or more money for the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    This is what I am hoping for regarding the Oline. I mean, we are are going into this season with essentially the same Oline, so theoretically, we shouldn't be worse. This same oline is still the one that got bitch slapped by the Chargers in the Wildcard game, so I was hoping we could add another stud to the line, but it wasn't in the cards. I know it was rumored that the Ravens were interested in Garrett Bradbury. He would look real nice in Ravens purple, but he was scooped up by the Vikings.

I don't think the sky is falling, but the interior Oline will need some work next offseason.
    Definitely agree about next off-season. We also have to start planning for Yandas retirement. Hopefully Powers will be fine down the road. He doesn't seem to be in the mix at the moment.

We will know more about Skura and London as the season starts. Yanda will be back as well as Stanley. Not much proven depth though but Hurst could be ok if an injury kicks up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravskins View Post
    Definitely agree about next off-season. We also have to start planning for Yandas retirement. Hopefully Powers will be fine down the road. He doesn't seem to be in the mix at the moment.

We will know more about Skura and London as the season starts. Yanda will be back as well as Stanley. Not much proven depth though but Hurst could be ok if an injury kicks up.
    Many had the immediate notion that Powers’ best for in this offense is as Yanda’s replacement. I could See that being the case.

The whole “solution” to the preseason and roster mess both, is IMO an obvious and expensive option. The NFL needs to create an 8 team minor league with 8 games. Each team would be owned and staffed collectively by 4 teams, all from different divisions. So perhaps the Ravens, Eagles, Jets and Packers share a team based in Dayton Ohio or something with 3 coaches and 15 players from each team. They play 8 games, roughly weeks 3-11 of the NFL Season. This league replaces practice squads and Thursday Night Football, except for Thanksgiving. Players would not need to be waived to enter this league, so not exposed. If other teams “claim” another teams Minor League Player, compensation must occur. Same with coaches.