Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Re: Reactions & Thoughts to Game 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Did Ferguson play?
    Don't believe he dressed (read a tweet that he was in shorts on the sideline).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Re: Reactions & Thoughts to Game 3?

On O:
    - Scott and Hollywood looked good. Moore has caught 8 of 8 targets. Floyd looked good, but he's not making the team, so meh.
    - Still hope Boykin can cut hte drops, but I do think that was a tough catch. He was huffing it and it was thrown behind him. It's not an easy adjustment, but still catchabe.
    - OL in pass pro was actually solid. McSorley was only hit twice.
    - OL in run blocking was AWFUL. But our 2's were playing their 1's.
    - I was disappointed in Skura. I really dont think he's looked that good. We're going to need a C.

On D:
    - Tim Williams looked good to me. He used a nice push-pull to get a pressure which was good to see. He sucked in run D though so that's not good.
    - Bowser looked really solid to me.
    - Alaka, Young, Peanut all looked strong.
    - Clark and Elliott had great games.
    - Cyrus Jones played better
    - Canady sucks.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Don't believe he dressed (read a tweet that he was in shorts on the sideline).
    Ok, thank you. Is he injured or something? Seems like a lot of our players are banged up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    On O:
    - Scott and Hollywood looked good. Moore has caught 8 of 8 targets. Floyd looked good, but he's not making the team, so meh.
    - Still hope Boykin can cut hte drops, but I do think that was a tough catch. He was huffing it and it was thrown behind him. It's not an easy adjustment, but still catchabe.
    - OL in pass pro was actually solid. McSorley was only hit twice.
    - OL in run blocking was AWFUL. But our 2's were playing their 1's.
    - I was disappointed in Skura. I really dont think he's looked that good. We're going to need a C.

On D:
    - Tim Williams looked good to me. He used a nice push-pull to get a pressure which was good to see. He sucked in run D though so that's not good.
    - Bowser looked really solid to me.
    - Alaka, Young, Peanut all looked strong.
    - Clark and Elliott had great games.
    - Cyrus Jones played better
    - Canady sucks.
    I dont know what happened to Canady. He looked promising at one point.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont know what happened to Canady. He looked promising at one point.
    Tyler Boyd snatched his heart....

Hollywood, Boykin, and Scott are a nice trio to build our WR room upon. Even if we lose Moore and Snead after this season, we are set up for the future. My hope is that they IR Wesley and have him in the weight room for next year. He's not fast but he'd be a nice compliment to the other guys. Plus his hands are probably the best in the WR behind Hollywood.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Tyler Boyd snatched his heart....
    Good point. That was him, wasn’t it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by BPF2 View Post
    Is this just another step towards the 2 preseason, 18 game season? It would suck for some of the guys on the bubble because fewer games is fewer opportunities to display your talent. But you're seeing fewer locks playing at all. Game 3 used to be where the starters would play all of the first half, maybe start the second depending. Now a bunch don't even dress. (not complaining about Lamar not playing - I agree with that call). If you move to this 2/18 season, there's probably an expansion of rosters to accompany it, so that could offset the lack of time for the bubble guys.
    I also see that the joint team practices could be the main culprit here.
    When you have two teams going head to head for two full days, 1st teams against 1st teams AND being able to substitute players to get further personnel groupings evaluations, the third practice is the actual preseason game...but really becomes just a venue for the remaining players.

For the players, its almost like having 3 games in 4 days.
    So, that's why you sit your most valuable players to NOT expose them to another pounding this early and this close together.
    Their bodies need to heal.
    Even more important to the older guys who need to survive the marathon of a season.
    “They gonna get a Super Bowl outta me. Believe that…Believe that”, Lamar, after being drafted by the Ravens.

Canady was also never actually that good.

Blog Entries

one take away I have worth mentioning, is just how good of a job EDC did to put weapons around Lamar. In 2 years, weve added pretty much all of our offensive talent. Were really fast and really big. Theres not too much Im worried about when it comes to our TE, WR, and RB core.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

My reaction is that 2 games is more than enough in the preseason. It's time to modernize this system and dump these useless games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    My reaction is that 2 games is more than enough in the preseason. It's time to modernize this system and dump these useless games.
    several coaches already sitting all of their starters and letting the future furniture movers play

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!