Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Reactions & Thoughts to Game 3?

For the first time since 1996 I totally forgot about game 3. Come to find out Lamar didn't even play. NFL needs to go down to 2 preseason games. But they won't unless they can find the lost $$$$ somewhere else.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Didn't see the game, only the box score. Can anyone tell me how one of my favorites (Tyus Bowser) looked? He had 4 tackles (3 solo), 1 sack and 2 TFLs. Thanks for any replies... Bc
    He looked better than Williams or Ray. Still not what you'd like to see from a 2nd rounder.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    For the first time since 1996 I totally forgot about game 3. Come to find out Lamar didn't even play. NFL needs to go down to 2 preseason games. But they won't unless they can find the lost $$$$ somewhere else.
    They can find that lost $$$$ by rooting through their pockets lol. They have plenty of money to spare and the only thing that’s going to stop them from essentially printing money is turning off the fans to a certain degree. There are a number of things contributing to that right now and continuing with a four game preseason when it’s clear that neither the teams nor the players want that and it’s nothing but a cash grab is going to make some fans on the fence increasingly cynical

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    welp I have a clue of a guy who won't be around long...

Ravens bringing in ILB Paul Worrilow today to sign him, pending a physical, according a to a source. He played for the Eagles last season. Worrilow has 413 tackles, 11 pass deflections, and four sacks in five NFL seasons, starting 52 of 72 career games.
    Donald Payne?

Suggests to me that Board is going to be out for a while.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    He looked better than Williams or Ray. Still not what you'd like to see from a 2nd rounder.
    Exactly. I'm hoping he shows up more during the season. But that's a big HOPE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    NFL seems to be at a crossroads with it, it used to be you could count on the third game to provide some interest and excitement, but if teams are now just going to play backups for all but a few drives the entire PS, I dunno, you gotta do something. Eagles stadium looked pretty full last night at the start and those fans got nothing for it. And our game wasn't the only one with nobody playing. Coaches don't like it, players don't like it, fans don't like it. Time to come up with something else to take it's place.
    Is this just another step towards the 2 preseason, 18 game season? It would suck for some of the guys on the bubble because fewer games is fewer opportunities to display your talent. But you're seeing fewer locks playing at all. Game 3 used to be where the starters would play all of the first half, maybe start the second depending. Now a bunch don't even dress. (not complaining about Lamar not playing - I agree with that call). If you move to this 2/18 season, there's probably an expansion of rosters to accompany it, so that could offset the lack of time for the bubble guys.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Donald Payne?

Suggests to me that Board is going to be out for a while.
    Could it just be a body? They've seen enough of Board that they seemed to have penciled him in as the starter. Give him 3+ weeks to make sure the concussion is clear and use Worrilow as a game 4 body? At least I'm hoping, no idea on the severity of the concussion.

Blog Entries

I see some werent impressed with Williams rushing, which he didnt get home any, but I do think his quickness caused a lot of false starts. That should be graded into his performance.

Bowser didnt look too bad to me, but we dont have a premier pass rusher on this team. I hope as the season goes they gain confidence and improve. nobody really has that much experience outside Ray and hes been a big disappointment to me. I expected more than hes shown here.
    -JAB

I expected Shane Ray to show a lot more. This probably is one of his last chances and he hasn't performed at all. I'm sure he will get cut, so they can let one of these young guys step up.

Blog Entries

I thought Boykin looked solid, Scott I think has made this team, Trace obviously played well, defensively though i liked what Elliot and Clark did. I think we have some solid young guys to fill those roles down the road (at least TJ's).

Michael Floyd will probably make somebody's roster too.
    -JAB

Did Ferguson play?

Alaka, Kenny Young, Elliot all balled out on defense.