Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: What are you looking for tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    In general, I'm not sure what we're going to be able to tell from the OL and the offense as a whole tonight with all of the injuries. With Stanley, Eluemunor, and Senat all dealing with injuries this week, you might have some serious shifting just to get a capable starting OL on the field (and we have to hope Lamar is out early). We might be forced to go with something like Hurst - Bozeman - Skura - Powers - Brown, with Mekari really being the only worthwhile backup that we have in this scenario. There might be some heavy struggles offensively since you'd think Hurst and Skura in particular aren't playing too long tonight.

Otherwise, I'd like to see the pass rush finally get it done. I think we need to see something from Bowser and/or Williams in particular. I don't think they're in much danger, but it'd just make me feel a lot better if we saw some semblance of a pass rush from them.

And to avoid the long quote to GWNR, I don't think Clark is on the bubble at all. Levine doesn't seem to be playing much true S anymore, so Clark and Elliott should be the backups.
    I still think there's a chance Bethel gets cut and they keep Trawick to recoup the 5th round comp, meaning Trawick becomes their backup SS and ST guy which could put Clark on the bubble.

We'll see though. I kept him in my prediction (and I didn't keep Trawick I just realized) yesterday, but I think he's on the bubble.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Pass rush pass rush pass rush and the interior of the Oline..I'm watching the trenches closely tonight

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I still think there's a chance Bethel gets cut and they keep Trawick to recoup the 5th round comp, meaning Trawick becomes their backup SS and ST guy which could put Clark on the bubble.

We'll see though. I kept him in my prediction (and I didn't keep Trawick I just realized) yesterday, but I think he's on the bubble.
    It sounds like Trawick is also doing much more of his work in the Dime role with Levine, for what that's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Pass rush pass rush pass rush and the interior of the Oline..I'm watching the trenches closely tonight
    Pass Rush. That is exactly what I am waiting to see who is going to take that next step. SO far, it looks pretty thin.

No injuries to any starters or back ups.

WR Boykin. Want to see him continue to push his way into starting line up.

Back up Oline depth. Alot of recent injuries within in a week with 3 starters down and out need to see who can step up to fill in (Mekari, Powers etc...)

Id like to see
    Scott and Wesley get some more opportunities with the first team/second team.
    Maybe give Justice Hill some reps with the ones.
    Kenny Young
    Pass Rush. I'd like to see Judon, Mcphee, or someone get to to the quarterback before the backups play.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbirdsfan View Post
    Id like to see
    Scott and Wesley get some more opportunities with the first team/second team.
    Maybe give Justice Hill some reps with the ones.
    Kenny Young
    Pass Rush. I'd like to see Judon, Mcphee, or someone get to to the quarterback before the backups play.
    Dude if McPhee really shows out tonight I'm pumped.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    Pass Rush. That is exactly what I am waiting to see who is going to take that next step. SO far, it looks pretty thin.

No injuries to any starters or back ups.

WR Boykin. Want to see him continue to push his way into starting line up.

Back up Oline depth. Alot of recent injuries within in a week with 3 starters down and out need to see who can step up to fill in (Mekari, Powers etc...)
    exactly bro one of these young players need to take a step in the right direction tonight, I don't see that one guy on the roster yet who can be consistently disruptive and command a double team for other guys to win their one on one battles, if they can't do this consistently sending 5-6 guys on the blitz every pass play good QBs will eat that up....

I'm intrigued by Boykins but I'm waiting on the regular season to see if he is true gamer or pre-season star, we been here too many times as ravens fans.

Oline depth? OOOF! lol i think if anyone on that starting 5 gets hurt we are in for a long season, that starting 5 look shaky as it is.

There’s just one Boykin. No S

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    A spiral

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    NO INJURIES

... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Preseason game 3 is always the biggest to me. The starters get their longest look before hanging it up next week.

On O:
    - Ongoing battle at LG. If London plays well he'll run away with the starting job. But if it's a bad game and Powers stacks a 3rd game, Bozeman stacks a 3rd game and Mekari plays well, things will be very interesting.
    - Jaleel Scott vs. Antonine Wesley: Still think Scott has this battle pretty wrapped up given how good his STs have been, but Wesley could have a big night. More notably, I'm looking to see if either gets any drives with the 1's. Probably not, but something to watch.
    - RB usage: With Dixon getting banged up, I wonder if they give him snaps before Edwards again. I found that super interesting. It's kind of what I Wanted to see at other positions (guys lower on the depth chart, but getting 'prove it' snaps with the 1's).
    - McSorley: He needs a good game to justify carrying 3. Should see most of the 2nd and 3rd Q.

On D:
    - Pass rush: T-Will vs. McPHee snap count and timing. Ferguson stacking a 3rd game?
    - ILB: I assume Young will play for Board at WILL, so I'll be watching Alvin Jones for Otaro Alaka in that 4th ILB/ST spot.
    - sCB: I assume Jones will start, but who else plays? How does Averett look inside after looking solid outside in the past 2 weeks.
    - backup S's: Where does a guy like Chuck Clark play, I see him more on the bubble now than before.
    - iDL: Will Gerald Willis or Zach Seiler actually make a damn play?
    Good list.

I don’t think McSorley needs anything to guarantee his spot on the opening day roster. He is locked in unless RGIII plays and plays a lot in that 4th preseason game. There is nobody else to be a backup QB. I do see him as a candidate to ultimately find his way off the roster and on to the PS once RGIII is full go.

Also, wouldn’t surprise me to see Averett get the start at nickel. We know what Cyrus can do. If I’m considering Averett, I’d like to see him against a starting slot WR. But we will probably be rotating a lot at nickel all season long anyway, so he will have his chances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Good list.

I don’t think McSorley needs anything to guarantee his spot on the opening day roster. He is locked in unless RGIII plays and plays a lot in that 4th preseason game. There is nobody else to be a backup QB. I do see him as a candidate to ultimately find his way off the roster and on to the PS once RGIII is full go.

Also, wouldn’t surprise me to see Averett get the start at nickel. We know what Cyrus can do. If I’m considering Averett, I’d like to see him against a starting slot WR. But we will probably be rotating a lot at nickel all season long anyway, so he will have his chances.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It's a good point. I wish we'd do that at a few spots (give someone a look we don't know about with the 1's). For example, first drive:

QB - Lamar
    RB - Turner
    X - Scott
    Z - Moore
    SLOT - Snead
    TE - Hurst
    OL - Stanley - Elumeanor - Bozeman - Powers - Brown

Just give it a drive and get that tape. I know that's not what they'll do, but I would love to see some of those guys in that look.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB