Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

What are you looking for tonight?

Preseason game 3 is always the biggest to me. The starters get their longest look before hanging it up next week.

On O:
    - Ongoing battle at LG. If London plays well he'll run away with the starting job. But if it's a bad game and Powers stacks a 3rd game, Bozeman stacks a 3rd game and Mekari plays well, things will be very interesting.
    - Jaleel Scott vs. Antonine Wesley: Still think Scott has this battle pretty wrapped up given how good his STs have been, but Wesley could have a big night. More notably, I'm looking to see if either gets any drives with the 1's. Probably not, but something to watch.
    - RB usage: With Dixon getting banged up, I wonder if they give him snaps before Edwards again. I found that super interesting. It's kind of what I Wanted to see at other positions (guys lower on the depth chart, but getting 'prove it' snaps with the 1's).
    - McSorley: He needs a good game to justify carrying 3. Should see most of the 2nd and 3rd Q.

On D:
    - Pass rush: T-Will vs. McPHee snap count and timing. Ferguson stacking a 3rd game?
    - ILB: I assume Young will play for Board at WILL, so I'll be watching Alvin Jones for Otaro Alaka in that 4th ILB/ST spot.
    - sCB: I assume Jones will start, but who else plays? How does Averett look inside after looking solid outside in the past 2 weeks.
    - backup S's: Where does a guy like Chuck Clark play, I see him more on the bubble now than before.
    - iDL: Will Gerald Willis or Zach Seiler actually make a damn play?
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Re: What are you looking for tonight?

I want to see Lamar Jackson have a 3rd strong game. Honestly Jackson is the biggest thing. He had 2 very good games in my opinion (I think the first one was probably better) I want him to land the plane.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I want to see Lamar Jackson have a 3rd strong game. Honestly Jackson is the biggest thing. He had 2 very good games in my opinion (I think the first one was probably better) I want him to land the plane.

I didn't give enough emphasis there.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

this is the game we get to see starters and a glimpse of what the coaches are thinking, so Ill be focusing on who were actually lining up out there.

as far as individuals, first and foremost, ill be watching Lamar. Our season completely hinges on his ability. Ive been happy so far. the comments have been that the issue he showed even in OTAs seem to have improved, and id like to see what he can do in a less limited sample.

OL has to be the next big thing for me, particularly LG. who starts again will be interesting to see, but if they go into a rotation early, it means its as open as it appears. good thing is we have options on the roster.

passrush would be the only thing im worried about on D. I think we have a good idea who will be starting but watching Bowser, Williams, and Sack Daddy against some decent competition is probably the only chance well get to see what the season will be like prior to it. Shane Ray has been an after thought, so ill be interested to see if they play him much this game at all.

Other than those guys, ill be watching the roster bubble guys, if they get some snaps against better comp.

EDIT: Boykin against a teams #1 will be interesting to me as well.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 08-22-2019 at 08:57 AM.
    -JAB

The snap counts are a good point.

I think the pass rushers will be interesting. IMO Ferguson should get an earlier look tonight. Just to see what's going on there. He's been so good at setting the edge so far, but hasn't really shown a pass rush.

I'd also like to see Tim Williams across a whole drive to see how he does in different scenarios.
    - Ray Lewis

NO INJURIES

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OL - sounds banged up right now, interesting to see who plays, where they play and how they do against a good DL.
    WRs Scott & Boykin doing it a game.
    TE Hurst needs to get going.
    Lamar putting it together passing.
    DL against a good OL -expectations are low, time to step up.
    "Find #20 on every play"

Blog Entries

I’d be happy if they announced that no starters will play. Noticed some other clubs doing this even for third game.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Are the Eagles actually playing anyone? We've had 2 preseason games against mostly backups. Harbaugh seems to be following the traditional way for navigating the preseason but many other teams aren't. I posted an article yesterday about how impressed the Ravens starting defense was with the Eagles starting offense in the joint practices. I'd love to see a quarter of that matchup but doubt we will

Blog Entries

Everything about this season hinges on Lamar so I want to see continued decent play and progression from him given this is the dress rehearsal for the regular season. No injuries. Hopefully see the OL continue their play from last week. No injuries. Hopefully see the defense continue to play well. No injuries. Someone else mentioned Hurst and I would like to see something from him in an actual game, where he's done little. No injuries. Continued progression from Boykin. No injuries.

No injuries.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

A spiral

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

In general, I'm not sure what we're going to be able to tell from the OL and the offense as a whole tonight with all of the injuries. With Stanley, Eluemunor, and Senat all dealing with injuries this week, you might have some serious shifting just to get a capable starting OL on the field (and we have to hope Lamar is out early). We might be forced to go with something like Hurst - Bozeman - Skura - Powers - Brown, with Mekari really being the only worthwhile backup that we have in this scenario. There might be some heavy struggles offensively since you'd think Hurst and Skura in particular aren't playing too long tonight.

Otherwise, I'd like to see the pass rush finally get it done. I think we need to see something from Bowser and/or Williams in particular. I don't think they're in much danger, but it'd just make me feel a lot better if we saw some semblance of a pass rush from them.

And to avoid the long quote to GWNR, I don't think Clark is on the bubble at all. Levine doesn't seem to be playing much true S anymore, so Clark and Elliott should be the backups.