Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Carli Lloyd’s 55-yard Field Goal

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    In theory I agree with you. But can you imagine the reaction around the country if this happened to Lloyd or another female kicker?

Pretty damn good - he got two of the opposition disqualified from the game.

Isn't there a lingerie league? Come on.

'Ere we fuckin' go boys
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Yes, but what I'm trying to say to you is that there is no woman in the world who even has the physical profile of Michael Campanaro (5'11, 190, 4.4 40yd, 20 reps on the bench, 39 in. vert). Any woman in the world who is that fast probably weigh on average around 115 lbs, and any woman his size definitely doesn't have the athleticism needed.

You guys are forgetting that most kickers probably weigh around an average of 190-195, while punters easily get into the 220-230 range. This sport is not made for women
    Dan Bailey - 6', 190
    Chris Boswell - 6'2", 185
    Greg Zuerlein - 6', 191
    Tucker - 6'1", 183
    Matt Stover - 5'11", 180
    Blair Walsh - 5'10", 170

So, kickers are not huge guys to begin with.

Lindsey Horan (defender, US Women's National Team) - 5'9", 168. You're telling me that she couldn't put on 15 pounds in upper body mass (what would matter for being able to take a hit, and not at all helpful for soccer)? For a position where it is almost always illegal to touch them.

NO ONE is saying there is going to be a female WR or DT any time soon (if ever). Kicking is not purely strength and speed - it's precision and ability to repeat a motion the exact same way every single time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    Dan Bailey - 6', 190
    Greg Zuerlein - 6', 191
    Tucker - 6'1", 183
    Matt Stover - 5'11", 180
    Blair Walsh - 5'10", 170

Lindsey Horan (defender, US Women's National Team) - 5'9", 168. You're telling me that she couldn't put on 15 pounds in upper body mass (what would matter for being able to take a hit, and not at all helpful for soccer)? For a position where it is almost always illegal to touch them.

NO ONE is saying there is going to be a female WR or DT any time soon (if ever). Kicking is not purely strength and speed - it's precision and ability to repeat a motion the exact same way every single time.
    Do you know how hard it is for women to put on 15 lbs of muscle? Testosterone is a hell of thing, and they have next to none.

Bet lets assume Horan did come into a game at 180, can you imagine her stepping into a tackle of say... Cordarrele Patterson at 6'2" 228 streaking down the sideline on a kick return at like 20 mph?

Yeah, I'd rather not.

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    Dan Bailey - 6', 190
    Greg Zuerlein - 6', 191
    Tucker - 6'1", 183
    Matt Stover - 5'11", 180
    Blair Walsh - 5'10", 170

My thinking is this though. When you're riding a bike, you wear a helmet not because you think you'll fall off every day, but because of the one-off time where you do need it, and it saves your life.

Of course, a woman wouldn't get hit every play, but women don't play because the one time she may get hit, it probably would be life-threatening.

Do you know how hard it is for women to put on 15 lbs of muscle? Testosterone is a hell of thing, and they have next to none.

Bet lets assume Horan did come into a game at 180, can you imagine her stepping into a tackle of say... Cordarrele Patterson at 6'2" 228 streaking down the sideline on a kick return at like 20 mph?

Yeah, I'd rather not.
    I just put on 10 lbs of muscle since December at the age of 51, without creatine or any other supplements. It's not that hard.

We just drafted a WR that is 5' 8" and 170 lbs. I know plenty of women that size (and besides, whatever you see a female athlete listed as, add at least 10lbs).

With the lack of quality kickers in the NFL, someone is bound to find a woman that has kicked in some sort of game (there are 3 women's full-contact football leagues in the US) and give them a try out.

A lot of you guys think we are some sort of fragile creatures. You haven't seen a women's sporting event lately.

When I was a center at 5' 5" 160, I went up against a woman (NT) that was 6' 2" and 320 that was fast AF. She was the most unblockable player I went up against. I routinely went up against women that were in the 225 - 250 range and usually got the best of them. [But I know, going against women is not the same as going up against men ]
    Last edited by GirlsKickButt; 08-22-2019 at 02:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    ish not gonna be happy
    Why?

Yeah, I'd rather not.
    If any place kicker in the NFL is taking on Cordarrele Patterson head on, it's going to end badly. Most of the time, kickers either try and coral them out of bounds, or they go for the ankles - it at least slows them down and lets the rest of the kicking team catch up and get better pursuit angles. And, let's assume she can't put on 15 pounds. That puts her at a 2 pound difference with a current NFL kicker (Blair Walsh).

To say that a woman can't hold up to the NFL (as a kicker) without having seen one try is absurd. Mind you - I don't watch college football. I don't know how many female kickers are in the NCAA. That's the first proving ground. Survive that, and presumably at a major program, and you have a chance at the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Did anyone else notice the die hard Eagle fan went to the Ravens for FG tips from Tucker. Smart lady.
    Yeah, I totally was paying attention to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    'Ere we fuckin' go boys
    I don't hate women. I love women. My wife is a woman (a talented lawyer). I do detest feminists. Women are very important in the roles they're designed for. Teachers. Doctors. Lawyers. Bankers. Secretaries. Hell, sell insurance or real estate. Keep house. Yes. They're not designed for football.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    I just put on 10 lbs of muscle since December at the age of 51, without creatine or any other supplements. It's not that hard.
    Like 10lbs of just muscle? Like you had a body fat index test done, BMI when you started and now? Or you weigh 10lbs more since you started working out in December?

And I'm not being an ass, I'm generally curious. Cause female body builders take testosterone because for women to build muscle like men is difficult

We just drafted a WR that is 5' 8" and 170 lbs. I know plenty of women that size (and besides, whatever you see a female athlete listed as, add at least 10lbs).

Yup and as mentioned before, there is a difference than just size. Even at the same weight:
    "Men are physically stronger than women, who have, on average, less total muscle mass, both in absolute terms and relative to total body mass. The greater muscle mass of men is the result of testosterone-induced muscular hypertrophy. Men also have denser, stronger bones, tendons, and ligaments.

A lot of you guys think we are some sort of fragile creatures. You haven't seen a women's sporting event lately.
    I have two girls, I don't think they're fragile, I know they are."

When I was a center at 5' 5" 160, I went up against a woman (NT) that was 6' 2" and 320 that was fast AF. She was the most unblockable player I went up against. I routinely went up against women that were in the 225 - 250 range and usually got the best of them. [But I know, going against women is not the same as going up against men ]
    Correct! And so do other women in contact sports