Page 4 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Carli Lloyd’s 55-yard Field Goal

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    I would say the same about most of the kickers in the league
    Right, and some women are bigger than some kickers in the league soooo if they want to, why stop them?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    Right, and some women are bigger than some kickers in the league soooo if they want to, why stop them?

In theory I agree with you. But can you imagine the reaction around the country if this happened to Lloyd or another female kicker?

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    If she wants a shot, give her a shot. Heck the Ravens can do it next year's training camp. Other teams pay attention to Ravens special teams. However, one 55 yard FG does not an NFL kicker make.
    And trade her for a draft pick?

If you can hit a 55 yard fg, not get it blocked or hit two or more post even the Bears would sign you. Sex does not matter. Hitting them under ideal conditions is one thing but hitting them in a game is another. That’s why Tucker is the best. 55 and in he is lights out. End of game, no problem. His blocks have all been line breakdowns and players jumping over the line which you can not do anymore.

One side of me thinks that if a woman can kick a ball through a goalpost from 50 yards away reliably, why shouldn't she be allowed to be a kicker? She's an adult that knows the risks.

Another side of me thinks I could never hit a woman, and if I had to in a game scenario I honestly don't think I could. It doesn't matter where you play, there's always a real chance of you getting laid out and getting injured.

I really don't know where I fall on this one.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

It's an interesting question. I'm for hire the best candidate. I'd think at this point though for an NFL team to invite a female kicker to camp they would have had to compete in the NCAA first (have a resume). There is a long list of available kickers who can kick a 55 yard field goal in good conditions with no pressure. We've seen many kickers look the part through training camp and pre season only to shit the bed in those pressure filled moments in the regular season or playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    In theory I agree with you. But can you imagine the reaction around the country if this happened to Lloyd or another female kicker?

Youre right, but no one's gonna listen. It's not a matter of it being "accepted", or some women being as tough as men. They just don't have the body to withstand it.

Girl soccer players get concussions at 3x the rate as the men playing the same sport. And their bodies also take significantly longer to heal than men as well. And that's soccer!

Women have no business playing football on the same field as men. Period. There's way too much risk because their bodies just aren't made for any potential collision with a man.

Also, it's not about size either. It's about body composition and muscle mass. I know plenty of skinny guys under 6ft who have the muscle mass/athleticism to dunk a basketball on a 10ft rim. I know of no women under 6ft, even in the pros, who have the muscle mass or athleticism to dunk a basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    Did anyone else notice the die hard Eagle fan went to the Ravens for FG tips from Tucker. Smart lady.
    She also went with Tucker's holder - Sam Koch. Very smart lady.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

True, and I can't say that I wouldn't cringe at this, but if they know the risks, why not, ya know? In theory...

Just fun to discuss! Who knows where the sport will be 20 years from now

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Youre right, but no one's gonna listen. It's not a matter of it being "accepted", or some women being as tough as men. They just don't have the body to withstand it.

Girl soccer players get concussions at 3x the rate as the men playing the same sport. And their bodies also take significantly longer to heal than men as well. And that's soccer!

Women have no business playing football on the same field as men. Period. There's way too much risk because their bodies just aren't made for any potential collision with a man.
    Most men don't have the body to survive in the NFL. Hell, some NFL players don't have the body to sustain being in the NFL (Michael Campanaro...)

If there were a woman who could handle being an NFL kicker (and that includes getting hit and delivering a "tackle" in the same way any current kicker does), then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by cvilleRaven View Post
    Most men don't have the body to survive in the NFL. Hell, some NFL players don't have the body to sustain being in the NFL (Michael Campanaro...)

If there were a woman who could handle being an NFL kicker (and that includes getting hit and delivering a "tackle" in the same way any current kicker does), then go for it.
    Yes, but what I'm trying to say to you is that there is no woman in the world who even has the physical profile of Michael Campanaro (5'11, 190, 4.4 40yd, 20 reps on the bench, 39 in. vert). Any woman in the world who is that fast probably weigh on average around 115 lbs, and any woman his size definitely doesn't have the athleticism needed.

You guys are forgetting that most kickers probably weigh around an average of 190-195, while punters easily get into the 220-230 range. This sport is not made for women