Page 38 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3637383940 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Carli Lloyd’s 55-yard Field Goal

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I don’t understand why saying men and women are physically different these days is a no no. Men by default have a bigger frame and more muscle than women. It’s just facts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    People don’t like facts nowadays, they get in the way of what they feel should be right.

There is a quote I believe from Blaise Pascahl that comes to mind but I can’t think of it exactly

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Being a better athlete than the “average woman” doesn’t also mean the have the musculoskeletal make up of a man and are also less likely than other woman not to get a concussion.
    No but Llyod size compounds the problem and if she were bigger it would help mitigate it. There are also many other injuries other then concussions.

Anyways this is more time on the subject then I wished to spend. I really hope we don't get into a Fallon Fox situation where someone gets seriously hurt before reasonable people take a step back and say this isn't right.

Other posters have made some excellent points about the issues surrounding beyond the most obvious (safety) including forcing male NFL players to hit women but the other real problem I have with putting men in female only leagues (transgender) and females competing in male only leagues is it invariably leads the best female athletes to be judged against the male standard which is biologically unfair.

People don’t like facts nowadays, they get in the way of what they feel should be right.

There is a quote I believe from Blaise Pascahl that comes to mind but I can’t think of it exactly
    “People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.”
    ― Blaise Pascal, De l'art de persuader

The average man couldn’t handle NFL hits either. Not sure what B4P or NC’s point is there

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    No but Llyod size compounds the problem and if she were bigger it would help mitigate it. There are also many other injuries other then concussions.

Anyways this is more time on the subject then I wished to spend. I really hope we don't get into a Fallon Fox situation where someone gets seriously hurt before reasonable people take a step back and say this isn't right...
    People ALREADY get seriously hurt playing in the NFL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    The average man couldn’t handle NFL hits either. Not sure what B4P or NC’s point is there
    You know exactly the point I am making you are just choosing to ignore it. It also has nothing to do with the average person it includes elite athletes as well which is why I said on average. Our bone structures are different. Our bone mass is different. Our muscle mass is different. Our bodies produce much higher levels of testosterone.

There is a sort of anti-science streak happening within society right now where if empirical facts don't fit within a certain moral worldview they are just ignored. So what if transgender athletes have a huge advantage over their female counterparts? We will still allow them to compete as females because we deeply believe they should.

Who cares if female players are more apt to get injured and it's unsafe to put them on the field? Strap on some pads and go out there the appearance of equality is more important then your actual health.

At some point I hope we sort of get back to a place where people accept the world as it is not how they wish god created it.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

Of course they do it's a violent sport that is sort of the point all of us are making. You can't hide someone at kicker and pretend they won't have to at some point mix it up or get hit their whole NFL career.
    Last edited by boller4president; 08-25-2019 at 12:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post

Women are more likely to tear an ACL, suffer more severe concussions and to have a greater severity of concussions, and also injure their necks while getting said concussions than men. So saying people are already getting hurt in the NFL is not a great argument. https://www.rushortho.com/news/sport...-girls-or-boys
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    “People almost invariably arrive at their beliefs not on the basis of proof but on the basis of what they find attractive.”
    ― Blaise Pascal, De l'art de persuader
    That’s the one!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I have no problem with it. And honestly, if you actually understand how pro fighting works, it's rare that the Champion is the best fighter in the division anyway. Yet, another bad example of yours.
    Wait what? You’d have no problem with UFC mixing men’s bantamweight and female bantamweight? This has to be a joke.

And which UFC champion isn’t the best in the division?

You're a nut case if you think Amanda Nunes stands a chance against Henry Cujedo. We literally might see a death in the octagon.
    I’m a die hard UFC fan. Sword is smoking big blunts with that take. I mean Nunez Vs Max Holloway or Henry Cejudo?

Who thinks bringing a woman into an NFL locker room is a good idea?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The difference between the speed of Arena Leagues and the speed of the NFL are not significant.
    You can’t make this shit up. This has to be some type of sick joke.