Page 1 of 44 123 ... LastLast

Carli Lloyd’s 55-yard Field Goal

Pretty cool story. Granted, she got a few extra approach steps but a part of me wishes she had been on the roster in 2011 instead of Billy “Wide Left” Cundiff

https://www.google.com/amp/s/beta.wa...outputType=amp

Re: Carli Lloyd’s 55-yard Field Goal

I wonder if one day we will see a female kicker.

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

ish not gonna be happy

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    ish not gonna be happy
    My first thought...Sadly

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

times are changing. NFL already has women coaching and officiating. I won’t be surprised if there will eventually be women kicking in the NFL

Quote Originally Posted by YoCo757 View Post
    times are changing. NFL already has women coaching and officiating. I won’t be surprised if there will eventually be women kicking in the NFL
    Most of us won't have a problem with that, I know I don't. But there is one poster who will absolutely lose his old insecure sexist ass mind

Mmm I understand the sexism argument but I don’t think it’s realistic to understate that having a female kicker in the NFL introduces the possibility that a 190-250lb man might have to block/tackle her.

That’s a more complicated situation when you factor in the prospect of winning or losing a meaningful football game. It isn’t just about whether a woman who is world class at global football can hit a long field goal.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Fights View Post
    Mmm I understand the sexism argument but I don’t think it’s realistic to understate that having a female kicker in the NFL introduces the possibility that a 190-250lb man might have to block/tackle her.

That’s a more complicated situation when you factor in the prospect of winning or losing a meaningful football game. It isn’t just about whether a woman who is world class at global football can hit a long field goal.
    Obviously there is more to it than just kicking. It won't be easy, but ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Obviously there is more to it than just kicking. It won't be easy, but ya never know.

Nope. I'd rather have Lloyd than Cundiff, who has already been mentioned, but a woman against NFL players? Way too big of a risk of injury. Here's a female running-back against what seems to be Arena League defenses. First run is bad enough, but the second is brutal to watch; she gets completely rag-dolled on a fairly routine tackle.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Nope. I'd rather have Lloyd than Cundiff, who has already been mentioned, but a woman against NFL players? Way too big of a risk of injury. Here's a female running-back against what seems to be Arena League defenses. First run is bad enough, but the second is brutal to watch; she gets completely rag-dolled on a fairly routine tackle.
    Haha I wouldn't expext a man at 5'2 130lba to do much better.

Blog Entries

If it weren't for the complex circumstances surrounding the prospects of it, I’d be surprised a female kicker hasn’t already played in the NFL. Often times, you’ll find that women can have better technique in sports than men.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    ish not gonna be happy
    LOL beat me to it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk