Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Updated 53 Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    He's a UDFA rookie who changed positions to get a better look.

I personally think, given his performance so far, that he's been very solid for a rookie. I really don't understand how you could see the potential for him to develop is slim given how much he has shown as a rookie, and an undrafted one for that matter.
    When considering Mekari's upside, I think it would be an error to regard him as an UDFA. His senior year injury really hurt his draft stock. IIANM, one of the draft analysts last winter had him pegged as a 2nd round talent before the injury. The fact that he is looking recovered and promising now should restore some estimation of his potential value.

I would protect him through the 53 or a learning/buildup year on IR.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Offense (24)
    QB (3) – Lamar Jackson, Robert Griffin III, McSorley

RB (3) – Mark Ingram, Gus Edwards, Justice Hill

WR (6) – Chris Moore, Marquise Brown, Willie Snead, Miles Boykin, M. Floyd, Jaleel Scott

TE (3) – Mark Andrews, Nick Boyle, Hayden Hurst

OL (9) – Ronnie Stanley, Jermaine Eluemunor, Matt Skura, Marshall Yanda, Orlando Brown Jr., Bradley Bozeman, Ben Powers, James Hurst, Patrick Mekari

Defense (26)
    DL (6) – Brandon Williams, Michael Pierce, Chris Wormley, Patrick Ricard, Willie Henry, Daylon Mack

LB (9) – Patrick Onwuasor, Kenny Young, Chris Board, Otaro Alaka, Matthew Judon, Pernell McPhee, Tim Williams, Tyus Bowser, Jaylon Ferguson

CB (6) – Marlon Humphrey, Jimmy Smith, Brandon Carr, Anthony Averett, Cyrus Jones, Justin Bethel

S (5) – Tony Jefferson, Earl Thomas, Chuck Clark, Anthony Levine, DeShon Elliott

I think there is no chance we do not have Bethel in the 53.

And since there is a trend around here to stake claims on stuff, I have Floyd instead of Roberts at WR (wrote something about him a week or so ago, so hey)

I. Marshall to IR, Wesley to PS.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Did Wesley play last night? I think he'll be IRed Jaleel Scott style. Doubt they try to sneak him past waivers
    He caught one pass.

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    My concern is that another team sees his tape, considers his potential and snatches him. OL depth is definitely down across the league, and we're lacking a starter at LG right now, but we do have guys that are replacement level players IMO.

His mobility and pass pro from being an OT in college give him some potential as a LG in our scheme.

Ben Powers has more potential at RG than LG in this scheme. So I think where I'm coming from is the long term projection of having a possible Mekari after a year in the NFL to learn and add strength at LG, Powers at RG after Yanda hangs them up and then Bozeman or Skura at C.

That said, if we keep 9 it'd be rare. We only kept 9 when Yanda was hurt and we wanted multiple options for RG. Other than that we've almost always kept 8 and it's not like LG hasn't been a question mark for a while.

I'd really like to see Bozeman with the 1's tonight, on that note. I think he's had a really good two games and is worthy of a shot to get that tape. It's nothing against Skura. I just think you need to analyze all your options.
    If Powers is more natural at RG, slide Yanda over to the left. It allowed him to play the season he hurt his shoulder and might save him this season. Then Powers can play next to his Okla buddy Brown Jr. They played together well.

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    After game 3, here's where I'm at... doubt it will change for game 4 unless injuries factor in

QB (3): Jackson, Griffin, McSorley
    RB (4): Ingram, Edwards, Hill, Ervin
    WR (6): Snead, Brown, Boykin, Moore, Roberts, Scott
    TE (3): Andrews, Boyle, Hurst
    OL (8): Stanley, Eluemunor, Skura, Yanda, Brown, Powers, Hurst, Bozeman
    DL (6): Williams, Pierce, Wormley, Mack, Henry, Ricard (FB)
    ILB (4): Onwuasor, Board, Young, Alaka
    OLB (5): Judon, McPhee, Bowser, Williams, Ferguson
    CB (6): Humphrey, Smith, Carr, Averett, Jones, Bethel*
    S (5): Thomas, Jefferson, Levine, Clark, Elliott
    ST (3): Tucker, Koch, Cox

Just missed:
    Dixon, Mekari, Sieler, Marshall (IR), Trawick

*Justin Bethel will be on the 53, but don't be surprised to see him cut on Saturday. If they want to leave the possibility of Young returning, they'll need to carry him on the 53 for 1 day. Bethel is a vested vet and an obvious choice to cut with a handshake agreement for him to return basically 24 hours later.

The big surprise here is obviously Tyler Ervin. I think his spot could easily go to one of the guys on my "just missed" list, but I'm going to give him the nod at PR for now. If Cyrus spends more time on D, they might prefer to keep him out of harms way as much as possible.

That spot will obviously remain the most fluid, though. I feel pretty good about most, but wouldn't be surprised if there's an unexpected move. I just think things really are starting to take shape and a lot of the guys we thought had a chance really don't.
    With Jones sliding into the slot Ervin would become the returner or until Averette takes Jones's spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Offense (24)

WR (6) – Chris Moore, Marquise Brown, Willie Snead, Miles Boykin, M. Floyd, Jaleel Scott

OL (9) – Ronnie Stanley, Jermaine Eluemunor, Matt Skura, Marshall Yanda, Orlando Brown Jr., Bradley Bozeman, Ben Powers, James Hurst, Patrick Mekari

Defense (26)
    DL (6) – Brandon Williams, Michael Pierce, Chris Wormley, Patrick Ricard, Willie Henry, Daylon Mack

LB (9) – Patrick Onwuasor, Kenny Young, Chris Board, Otaro Alaka, Matthew Judon, Pernell McPhee, Tim Williams, Tyus Bowser, Jaylon Ferguson

CB (6) – Marlon Humphrey, Jimmy Smith, Brandon Carr, Anthony Averett, Cyrus Jones, Justin Bethel

S (5) – Tony Jefferson, Earl Thomas, Chuck Clark, Anthony Levine, DeShon Elliott

I think there is no chance we do not have Bethel in the 53.

And since there is a trend around here to stake claims on stuff, I have Floyd instead of Roberts at WR (wrote something about him a week or so ago, so hey)

I. Marshall to IR, Wesley to PS.
    Did Bethel even PLAY last night? I didn't see him at all. I'll bet 100 RSR bucks that he doesn't make the 53.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Did Bethel even PLAY last night? I didn't see him at all. I'll bet 100 RSR bucks that he doesn't make the 53.
    1st unit ST, yes. Played a little bit on D late but that’s not why he’s here.

Offense (24)

RB (5) – Mark Ingram, Gus Edwards, Justice Hill, Kenneth Dixon, Patrick Ricard
    WR (5) – Chris Moore, Marquise Brown, Willie Snead, Miles Boykin, Jaleel Scott
    TE (3) – Mark Andrews, Hayden Hurst, Nick Boyle
    OL (8) – Ronnie Stanley, Jermaine Eluemunor, Matt Skura, Marshall Yanda, Orlando Brown Jr., Bradley Bozeman, Ben Powers, James Hurst

Defense (26)

DL (6) – Brandon Williams, Michael Pierce, Chris Wormley, Willie Henry, Daylon Mack, Nate Sieler

ST (3)

Last four in: Sieler, Dixon, Alaka, Williams

Last six out: Ervin, Mekari, Roberts, Floyd, Turner, Jackson

I'll agree with Amish. I'd personally give Bozeman a look.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    Even if he costs us a pick I believe he makes it. Call it a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Minion View Post
    After game 3, here's where I'm at... doubt it will change for game 4 unless injuries factor in

QB (3): Jackson, Griffin, McSorley
    RB (4): Ingram, Edwards, Hill, Ervin
    WR (6): Snead, Brown, Boykin, Moore, Roberts, Scott
    TE (3): Andrews, Boyle, Hurst
    OL (8): Stanley, Eluemunor, Skura, Yanda, Brown, Powers, Hurst, Bozeman
    DL (6): Williams, Pierce, Wormley, Mack, Henry, Ricard (FB)
    ILB (4): Onwuasor, Board, Young, Alaka
    OLB (5): Judon, McPhee, Bowser, Williams, Ferguson
    CB (6): Humphrey, Smith, Carr, Averett, Jones, Bethel*
    S (5): Thomas, Jefferson, Levine, Clark, Elliott
    ST (3): Tucker, Koch, Cox

Just missed:
    Dixon, Mekari, Sieler, Marshall (IR), Trawick

*Justin Bethel will be on the 53, but don't be surprised to see him cut on Saturday. If they want to leave the possibility of Young returning, they'll need to carry him on the 53 for 1 day. Bethel is a vested vet and an obvious choice to cut with a handshake agreement for him to return basically 24 hours later.

The big surprise here is obviously Tyler Ervin. I think his spot could easily go to one of the guys on my "just missed" list, but I'm going to give him the nod at PR for now. If Cyrus spends more time on D, they might prefer to keep him out of harms way as much as possible.

That spot will obviously remain the most fluid, though. I feel pretty good about most, but wouldn't be surprised if there's an unexpected move. I just think things really are starting to take shape and a lot of the guys we thought had a chance really don't.
    That's going to be real close. The only spot I wonder about, I agree is Ervin's. That spot could go to a number of other players. But the other 52 spots I am on board with.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhain View Post
    Offense (24)

Defense (26)

This is my exact list, except I only have 8 o-lineman (no Mekari) and I have 7 CBs (2 out of Cyrus, Canaday, Bennett Jackson).

Practice squad: DeLance Turner, Mekari, Senat, Wesley, Horn Jr/Modster/Jaylon Smith (2 of those 3), Seiler, Alvin Jones + 2 more (perhaps Iman Marshall and Willis)

Not sure how the team views Willis and Marshall. Willis was raved about in TC, but I haven't seen much of him in game action. Marshall would make sense to not IR, since the team needs depth at CB, but that's always risky. If both are not IRed, pretty sure they'd round out the practice squad.

Edit: I think Ervin is almost certainly a PS addition in the strong likelihood he does not make the team.