Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: You must check out Warren Sharps article in Sharp football "You are wrong about Lamar Jackson "

. As Warren Sharp points out, of 11 quarterbacks in NFL history to attempt at least 150 passes when they were 21 years old or younger, Jackson ranked first in passer rating, finishing ahead of Matthew Stafford, Alex Smith, Jameis Winston, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, and other notable names.

Blog Entries

Re: You must check out Warren Sharps article in Sharp football "You are wrong about Lamar Jackson "

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    . As Warren Sharp points out, of 11 quarterbacks in NFL history to attempt at least 150 passes when they were 21 years old or younger, Jackson ranked first in passer rating, finishing ahead of Matthew Stafford, Alex Smith, Jameis Winston, Sam Darnold, Josh Rosen, and other notable names.
    I’m sure this will be discredited somehow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I’m sure this will be discredited somehow.

Read the thread LMAO it's all they've been doing.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Read the thread LMAO it's all they've been doing.
    It must suck to be that miserable. I’m just exciting to see the young kid play. Who knows what’s going to happen but all I see are positive signs.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    It must suck to be that miserable. I’m just exciting to see the young kid play. Who knows what’s going to happen but all I see are positive signs.

Let's GO paintballguy! Can't wait for the season bro!
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Let's GO paintballguy! Can't wait for the season bro!
    As Bart Scott says “can’t wait!”

Blog Entries

Most consecutive passes without an INT to close 2018:
    1. Deshaun Watson: 205
    2. Lamar Jackson: 121
    3. Matthew Stafford: 116
    4. Sam Darnold: 114
    5. Mitch Trubisky: 83
    6. Jared Goff: 77

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Glad to see this thread maintained objectivity and stayed on topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Forgot why I hate message boards... Then found this gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    What? Lol knows it all about what? And who’s called me out?

You just say weird shit every time you post. What’s wrong with you?
    Dear Mmcclend

I am officially calling you out!

10. Re: You must check out Warren Sharps article in Sharp football "You are wrong about Lamar Jackson "

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Wow, OC21 you're good at this

QB D is Lamar?
    He is!

Very good stuff OC. Sort of (IMO) proves my point about Lamar not getting the layup passes, likely because of the lack of YAC. Lamar gets a fewer percentage of throws on the "easy" ones in Zone 1. Interesting he leads the other 3 in percentage of throws in zone 3. So IMO, these dynamic YAC skill position players are inflating Brees, Mahomes, and Goff's numbers. I'm excited we potentially have one or two for Jackson. Maybe as Hollywood and Hill come on he'll be more in line with the others for zone 1 as far as percentage of attempts go.

Additionally, the data does shed light on the fact that even though Jackson is attempting fewer of those passes, he's less accurate than those QBs pretty much across the board, which I expect and think will change in year 2. I think it's unreasonable to expect a rookie QB to be up to par with 3 of the 4 Quarterbacks that were in the conference championship games. Not saying it's unfair to compare for this reason, as I was the one who mentioned the QBs for the original point, just saying it's about what I expected. Adding this context makes the completion percentage much more reliable of a stat.
    You won't get me to argue about YAC; the Ravens have been awful at gaining yards after the catch since...2012 Ray Rice? 2014 Torrey? Steve Smith? It's been a long time. Plenty of room for improvement, and hopefully the right players are on the team now (Hill, Brown, Andrews).

You will get an argument from me when you put Drew Brees on a list with Mahomes and Goff and downplay his accuracy numbers. He is indeed accurate at short passes that gain YAC. He's also stupidly accurate at zone 2 passes (these appear to be his bread and butter) and zone 3 passes (his completion percentage on these is higher than the other QBs' on zone 2 passes!). He's not exactly a scattershot when it comes to zone 4 passes either. TLDR, dude's a freak. But I'd agree that it's unreasonable to expect Lamar to compare to the most accurate QB in NFL history who's entering his 19th season.

You hit the other important point imo, which is that Lamar does need to improve. I'd add that we as fans are within our "rights" to expect that improvement (but we need to give him the chance to show he has!). The Ravens broadcast dropped a stat during the Eagles game that said he completed ~68% of his passes in the middle of the field (undefined, but a reasonable assumption is between the hashes), but only ~48% of his other passes. I'd guess that most rookies have similar stats, and again, it's a area in where it's necessary for a starting-caliber NFL QB to get better in his 2nd season. Tbh, I wonder how much the addition-by-subtraction will happen simply due to the fact that John Brown is gone (9 catches on 29 targets from Lamar). Those two simply couldn't get on the same page, and I'm willing to bet some of it was due to mismatched skill sets (Lamar wasn't very accurate throwing many routes of the routes that Brown ran well/best used his skills).

I'm excited! No one can deny that Lamar has electric talent as a ball carrier. He's shown some flashes as a passer as well, and it's not like he needs to reach Brees levels of passing to be successful in the league.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)