Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: You must check out Warren Sharps article in Sharp football "You are wrong about Lamar Jackson "

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Yards-per-attempt isn't even "advanced".

Lamar's completion pctg was better than Joe's last year. Which is troubling for poor Ravens77.
    Say what you want but atleast I am consistent with my opinion. You never used to post one negative thing about Flacco and now you want to bash him just to fit in with the certain board memebers. Great Job your doing!
    Last edited by ravensfan7716; 08-21-2019 at 07:26 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: You must check out Warren Sharps article in Sharp football "You are wrong about Lamar Jackson "

If you're going to read this then you should also read the counterpoint thread on Twitter from Sam Monson (PFF) who has actual data and charts to back up why this article is more or less wrong.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    If you're going to read this then you should also read the counterpoint thread on Twitter from Sam Monson (PFF) who has actual data and charts to back up why this article is more or less wrong.
    I saw that because the same clown (Warren Sharp) seemed to respond or reference his own article which you can clearly see is nothing but a biast opinion that was not supported with any actual stats or facts to back up the ridiculous micro stat he keyed in on.

Atleast Sam Monson acknowledges its too early to really grade him and stats (The key is how much better will he get, and how effective does the offense need him to be).

There will still be the fans who just cannot fathom skepticism until we get a full season to see what he can do.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

https://twitter.com/PFF_Sam/status/1163826754106142720

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I saw that because the same clown (Warren Sharp) seemed to respond or reference his own article which you can clearly see is nothing but a biast opinion that was not supported with any actual stats or facts to back up the ridiculous micro stat he keyed in on.

Atleast Sam Monson acknowledges its too early to really grade him and stats (The key is how much better will he get, and how effective does the offense need him to be).

There will still be the fans who just cannot fathom skepticism until we get a full season to see what he can do.
    I think the QB situation with the fans will always be this way in Baltimore. People that still love and cherish Flacco seem to hate Lamar for taking his position and running with it. Figuratively and literally.
    The same people that made excuses week after week for Flacco aren’t offering excuses for Lamar. It’s a love/hate fest.

I’m skeptical about what Jackson can do with the ball in the air. I’m excited to watch him play and see what he may turn into. If Jackson ends up running 15 times and takes a hit on 10 of those runs he really could be flirting with fire.

Jackson seems like he’s coachable and cares about the parts of him game that needs improvement. I think this is a big year for Jackson in terms of how much we will see him progress throughout his career. I am cautiously optimistic. But overall I’m optimistic he will be a very good QB. Work ethic, heart and determination go a long way with someone that has that much athleticism and ability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I think the QB situation with the fans will always be this way in Baltimore. People that still love and cherish Flacco seem to hate Lamar for taking his position and running with it. Figuratively and literally.
    The same people that made excuses week after week for Flacco aren’t offering excuses for Lamar. It’s a love/hate fest.

I’m skeptical about what Jackson can do with the ball in the air. I’m excited to watch him play and see what he may turn into. If Jackson ends up running 15 times and takes a hit on 10 of those runs he really could be flirting with fire.

Jackson seems like he’s coachable and cares about the parts of him game that needs improvement. I think this is a big year for Jackson in terms of how much we will see him progress throughout his career. I am cautiously optimistic. But overall I’m optimistic he will be a very good QB. Work ethic, heart and determination go a long way with someone that has that much athleticism and ability.

What we need to get is the real qbr rating for Lamar. Other than wins it's the best stat for predicting success.

Blog Entries

^^^Micro stats 😂
    How about most stats when compared to other rookies? Nvrmnd.

At least Ex acknowledges the stats but states the low passing attempts in his opinion skews things.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    What we need to get is the real qbr rating for Lamar. Other than wins it's the best stat for predicting success.
    84.5 in the small sample size that we have right now.

Blog Entries

This is why I hate statisticians when it comes to sports.

I'll trust my eyes more than someone looking at a blotter of incompleted/completed passes.

I dont ever see Lamar being a 65% passer. I also don't see him as someone that will consistently put up 4,000+ yards and 30 passing TD's.

The point is, in this offense, he doesn't need to be that type of player. Joe Flacco NEEDED to be that type of QB. Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, etc. They need to be that type of QB.

If Lamar puts up 3,000 yards, 15-20 passing TD's and 58% completion, BUT he also racks up 800 rushing yards and 5 rushing TD's...does the lack of passing stats make much of a difference? The aggregate production is still impressive and will ultimately result in a lot of wins.

Also - and this is a huge aspect I dont hear many talking about - this offense with Lamar CHEWS up the game clock. Literally. We're talking 7, 8, 9 minute drives with Lamar and they've (by and large) resulted in points on the board. Time of possession cannot be taken lightly because it puts an incredibly amount of pressure on the opposing team to try and make splash plays to keep up and get ahead, which plays into an opportunistic defense. I can see Earl Thomas leading the league in INT's this year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Every stat in the original article is correct. It's all verifiable. The thing that PFF doesn't take into account is one really bad throw skews their numbers considerably. It's the data reacting the way most fans/analysts did to Lamar's season last year. They saw a few horrible throws and thought he was hot garbage, and "couldn't throw". The data from Sam Monson makes it seem like all his throws were bad. That's not the case. It's just that a small sample of his throws were awful, and that throws off the whole chart.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    84.5 in the small sample size that we have right now.

That's really good! Where did you get it? I can't find it

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    That's really good! Where did you get it? I can't find it
    It's average, but good for a rookie. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...J/JackLa00.htm

Pretty much anywhere you find stats for Lamar, you should be able to find his quarterback rating.

Oh, wait. you mean ESPN's QBR, right? That's 48.7. See the link above.