Trump administration seeks to reauthorise spying programme that records Americans’ phone and text records

hope hes going only after the swamp
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9062771.html

Re: Trump administration seeks to reauthorise spying programme that records Americans’ phone and text records

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    hope hes going only after the swamp
    https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9062771.html
    Read the article. He's not starting the program back up. He's asking that the precedent remain legal...
    That means that there won't be what there was before, a bunker with thousands of people getting rubber-stamped spying warrants. What it does mean, is that if the CIA applies for a warrant from any of their current and operational divisions, that the warrant will be seen as legal.

I don't like it either way, but it isn't reauthorizing the entire program. The article itself contradicts it's own headline.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Re: Trump administration seeks to reauthorise spying programme that records Americans’ phone and text records

i like it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    Read the article. He's not starting the program back up. He's asking that the precedent remain legal...
    That means that there won't be what there was before, a bunker with thousands of people getting rubber-stamped spying warrants. What it does mean, is that if the CIA applies for a warrant from any of their current and operational divisions, that the warrant will be seen as legal.

I don't like it either way, but it isn't reauthorizing the entire program. The article itself contradicts it's own headline.
    Isn't that a textbook example of clickbait?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.