Page 4 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Rodgers And Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Singletary. I love the way this guy takes charge of players. He didn't get a fair shake in SF.
    Only thing is the 49ers were awful when he was there.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    As opposed to all those other HCs who love turning the ball over.
    Jim you know damn well harbs is as old school pound the rock and play defense as they come in the. NFL. You know exactly what I meant lol. I get it you like harbs, and i flat out tell ppl I hate him.

But trying to imply he's something he isn't is foolish

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    You guys like Harbaugh still?
    It depends on team performance. Harbs is a proven winner, no one has a problem with that. But he is also stubborn and seems to think he is smarter than everyone else, which leads to some curious decision making. Like sticking with the same ineffective coordinators for far to long or hiring the wrong one to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Nice strawman you have there.

Most of those criticisms aren't informative and are overly harsh for a player of Lamar's experience at the pro level so far. Lamar isn't a great passer however, his style isn't Brady. He's not going to drop back and pick apart defenses through strictly passing. He's a dual threat style QB so you have to live with inconsistent accuracy while he is developing because he makes plays as a runner to keep the offense on schedule and create headaches for defenses. Besides accuracy there are good things to say about Lamar as a passer but the narrative is that "HE CaNt ThRoW" and mostly came from ONE postseason game where he was terrible at throwing. So yeah, its overly critical.
    I don't think your using ur terms correctly. And I believe your timeline of the Lamar criticisms is off as well.

The ball washing of Lamar by Ravens fans online is more than ive ever seen. You can't even state he needs to get improve without logging out for a few days

You guys like Harbaugh still?
    No ive hated him for years. I'm just tired of running headfirst into brick walls. I'm a huge fan of offense in football though.

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity Steve View Post
    Interesting. I wonder if our perceptions of the percentages of this board’s Lamar can do no wrong crowd would inverse similarly.
    I'd have said there are zero members of a "Lamar can do no wrong" crowd.

If we shift the language to "optimistic/pessimistic" on Lamar – I have no idea. Roughly matched? Or more nuanced: rough thirds between pessimistic / neutral / optimistic?

I feel like the arguments are seriously mis-labeled. Those of us who are extremely optimistic on Lamar (no one more than me) respond to people who say that he can't read defenses, and he takes off & runs at the first sign of pressure. We rightly say no, that's obviously bullshit. And then someone else chimes in and says they hate it when optimists call the neutrals "haters".

That's NOT what's happening.

There's a hardcore group, including some national media, that are outright dismissive of Lamar's ability to ever be a passer at all. He's a running QB who can't read defenses and the Chargers showed the world his limitations and he'll NEVER be anything else. Note what I'm saying: I'm not talking about neutral, I'm not even talking about pesismistic. Not talking about people who say that "Lamar needs to prove that he's sharpened up his fundamentals to the point where he can hit the routine passes consistently." I'm talking about people who have decided that it's done, it's over: what we saw in the first half of the playoff game is Lamar's ceiling.

Those people deserve to be argued with. In fact many of those takes are completely idiotic. That's not flaming the neutrals, or anything remotely like it.

Singletary. I love the way this guy takes charge of players. He didn't get a fair shake in SF.

Oh so this is a parody account ok

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Jim you know damn well harbs is as old school pound the rock and play defense as they come in the. NFL. You know exactly what I meant lol. I get it you like harbs, and i flat out tell ppl I hate him.

But trying to imply he's something he isn't is foolish
    We led the league in passing attempts not more than three years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    We led the league in passing attempts not more than three years ago.
    Last 3 years with Flacco top 5 in passing attempts. Bottom 5 in yardage. Half his throws were check downs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Who else would be a good candidate to replace Harbs?
    Anyone NOT named Harbeckler. Dude would be the Perfect coach at Navy. Maybe a D2 school in Ohio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bingo!

Of course fellow NFL players will say good things about a new player. It's a big mutual admiration society. What matters to me, as a 23 year loyal Ravens fan, is what the guy does on the field. I'm dubious that he'll ever be mentioned in the same breath as the three great QBs in Baltimore history: Unitas, Jones, and Flacco. His accomplishment to date: beating the bottom 5 NFL defenses with a gimmick offensive scheme, then shitting himself in the playoffs.

I am sick of the jack-sniffing for Jackson. He's a Ravens player, so therefore I want him to succeed in helping the team win. But I'll hold off on the walking on water praise, as earned by our three all-time great QBs, until after Jackson leads us to another Lombardi Trophy.

btw: What's annoying is reading the mis-use of the term "hater". It's fuckin' juvenile and distasteful. I reserve the term hate Hitler & Stalin & Mao & bin Laden & whacko mass murderers. I don't "hate" Ravens players. Like most loyal Ravens fans, I support every player who has worn the Ravens purple uniform. Supporting them doesn't inhibit my ability to analyze their strengths & weaknesses.

Bro...hope you ha e your Nomex tee shirt and shorts on cause you Sir are gonna get Lit up by the LWO!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk