Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Rodgers And Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    And? It's majority people's opinion that a pocket passer will succeed and a running style won't. People see different things, there is gonna be different opinions

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk
    The point is that’s Darnold isn’t really a better pocket passer yet. He’s a guy that made stuff happen extending plays with his athleticism but struggled a *lot* with accuracy and decision making

Rodgers needs to avoid taking big hits. When was the last time he played a full season.?

I'm more tired of Ravens fans saying everyone who doesn't think Lamar is already in the hall of fame is a "hater"

He needs to slide. He needs to run less. He needs to be more accurate. He can totally do all of those things. Pointing that out isn't a hot take.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by stevez51 View Post
    Rodgers needs to avoid taking big hits. When was the last time he played a full season.?
    Don’t even go there. That’s just karma we don’t need to invite over here.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    I'm more tired of Ravens fans saying everyone who doesn't think Lamar is already in the hall of fame is a "hater"

He needs to slide. He needs to run less. He needs to be more accurate. He can totally do all of those things. Pointing that out isn't a hot take.
    Lot of people disagree with that

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Lot of people disagree with that
    I've said it 100 times, if Lamar was drafted by NO, or NE I'd be terrified of what Lamar could be long term. I have no doubt they would develop him to his fullest.

I don't think he'll get this opportunity to develop here because I person believe harbs by nature favors a strong defense and aversion to turnovers leading to a desire to pound the rock.

I also think harbs seat was warm until he caught lightning In a bottle with Lamar and will ride it into the ground to save his job

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

Nice strawman you have there.

Most of those criticisms aren't informative and are overly harsh for a player of Lamar's experience at the pro level so far. Lamar isn't a great passer however, his style isn't Brady. He's not going to drop back and pick apart defenses through strictly passing. He's a dual threat style QB so you have to live with inconsistent accuracy while he is developing because he makes plays as a runner to keep the offense on schedule and create headaches for defenses. Besides accuracy there are good things to say about Lamar as a passer but the narrative is that "HE CaNt ThRoW" and mostly came from ONE postseason game where he was terrible at throwing. So yeah, its overly critical.

Just because people aren't sold on Lamar doesn't make them haters. It's OK to be critical of what a player does or doesn't do. Seems a lot of fans of Lamar get butt hurt as soon as something negative is said.

The rush to defend and point out any little thing as an overwhelming positive is a bit over the top. Can’t even have one negative take in an otherwise overwhelmingly positive outlook, otherwise people lose their minds.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    Nice strawman you have there.

Most of those criticisms aren't informative and are overly harsh for a player of Lamar's experience at the pro level so far. Lamar isn't a great passer however, his style isn't Brady. He's not going to drop back and pick apart defenses through strictly passing. He's a dual threat style QB so you have to live with inconsistent accuracy while he is developing because he makes plays as a runner to keep the offense on schedule and create headaches for defenses. Besides accuracy there are good things to say about Lamar as a passer but the narrative is that "HE CaNt ThRoW" and mostly came from ONE postseason game where he was terrible at throwing. So yeah, its overly critical.
    Being dual threat shouldn’t mean we have to live with issues as a passer. It should mean he can do both things well. If his style isn’t to drop back, make reads, and pick apart a defense, then he isn’t a QB and we shouldn’t have to accept that he can’t do that.

Fortunately, his pocket vision and presence is a strength and that isn’t the case. But if a prospect can’t do basic aspects of the game, then we shouldn’t just have to live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity Steve View Post
    Being dual threat shouldn’t mean we have to live with issues as a passer. It should mean he can do both things well. If his style isn’t to drop back, make reads, and pick apart a defense, then he isn’t a QB and we shouldn’t have to accept that he can’t do that.

Fortunately, his pocket vision and presence is a strength and that isn’t the case. But if a prospect can’t do basic aspects of the game, then we shouldn’t just have to live with it.
    We had a qb here who when faced with a little bit of pressure continuously checked down. Yes he was accurate but every aspect of the play had to be perfect. Lineman blocked. Wide receivers had to be wide opened for him to even think about throwing to them. If any part of the play broke down. I'll take a check down please. Now we have a qb where the protection doesn't have to be perfect. Wide receivers don't have to be wide open. He buys time until they are. If not he can run for a first down. Keep the drive open. Run time off the clock. Keep the defense fresh

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

My thoughts aren't on whether they are "trashing Lamar" but more on the laziness and outright dearth of analysis by almost all sports "news" outlets. The ESPN effect of "spew bile to create talking points" is the true culprit.

I would much rather watch film breakdown and play analysis than listen to a round table of superfluous discussion. Maybe that doesn't sell to advertisers

Sent from my HTC U12+ using Tapatalk

Just because people aren't sold on Lamar doesn't make them haters. It's OK to be critical of what a player does or doesn't do. Seems a lot of fans of Lamar get butt hurt as soon as something negative is said.

Bingo!

Of course fellow NFL players will say good things about a new player. It's a big mutual admiration society. What matters to me, as a 23 year loyal Ravens fan, is what the guy does on the field. I'm dubious that he'll ever be mentioned in the same breath as the three great QBs in Baltimore history: Unitas, Jones, and Flacco. His accomplishment to date: beating the bottom 5 NFL defenses with a gimmick offensive scheme, then shitting himself in the playoffs.

I am sick of the jack-sniffing for Jackson. He's a Ravens player, so therefore I want him to succeed in helping the team win. But I'll hold off on the walking on water praise, as earned by our three all-time great QBs, until after Jackson leads us to another Lombardi Trophy.

btw: What's annoying is reading the mis-use of the term "hater". It's fuckin' juvenile and distasteful. I reserve the term hate Hitler & Stalin & Mao & bin Laden & whacko mass murderers. I don't "hate" Ravens players. Like most loyal Ravens fans, I support every player who has worn the Ravens purple uniform. Supporting them doesn't inhibit my ability to analyze their strengths & weaknesses.

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).