Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast

Re: Rodgers And Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It wasn't a suggestion worth spitting milk out. That's all.
    It was a preposterous suggestion. One guy who has demonstrated beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can't relate to or get production from players. He would be a step up from Harbs. Shyah.

Maybe Singletary could develop Lamar & Marquise & Boykin & Andrews, the same way he developed Alex Smith & Vernon Davis & Michael Crabtree. That'd be great.

Being able to run doesn't exclude anyone from being able to become a good pocket passer. When you compare what Lamar did to the way Flacco played in his first 8 games it's night and day. I'm not sure why anyone would believe he doesn't have the same or better probability of being a Super Bowl QB here. I also don't think Flacco would have somehow been worse off if he could have ran a 4.4. I think the tendency to lump together "running quarterbacks" as if it's a different species is not based on sound logic. It's a red herring. If a QB can throw the ball accurately and make good decisions then their ability to run is irrelevant. Lamar has shown he can do all of that stuff, plus his running ability. I don't know whether anyone's been "sold" on a rookie after 8 games but I haven't seen anything that justifies an increased level of skepticism either.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It wasn't a suggestion worth spitting milk out. That's all. Nothing overly detailed.
    Mike Singletary is one of the most spectacularly bad NFL HCs of all time. It absolutely was worth spitting milk out over.

As to the Martindale example, he had one bad year as a DC then spent nearly a decade working his way back up the ladder before getting another chance. Singletary on the other hand has spent one year in the NFL since 2013. He hasn’t worked his way towards getting another shot, at all.

I think Rodgers is just looking out for Lamar too. We don't want to see him get hurt. I know our QB should worry about himself a little bit more though cause he can't stay healthy at times.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    I think Rodgers is just looking out for Lamar too. We don't want to see him get hurt. I know our QB should worry about himself a little bit more though cause he can't stay healthy at times.
    Your guy has a ring. And he always has a shot at another. Lamar is just starting out and I hope he listens to Vets like Rodgers when they tell him stuff. I believe he does and will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Your guy has a ring. And he always has a shot at another. Lamar is just starting out and I hope he listens to Vets like Rodgers when they tell him stuff. I believe he does and will.
    Yes Lax, I agree and feel LJ will listen to vets' advice and is open to coaching. This is one of the reasons I'm so optimistic about LJ's (ergo the Ravens) future... Bc

Who do you guys open up with?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Yes Lax, I agree and feel LJ will listen to vets' advice and is open to coaching. This is one of the reasons I'm so optimistic about LJ's (ergo the Ravens) future... Bc
    He might listen to our QB over Harbaugh LOL JK.

I agree that Lamar will listen too. Imagine how much more dangerous he becomes as a runner. Defenders wouldn't be able to just key on him because they'll think he could go into a slide at any moment. Also the way RG3 chuckled tells me that RG3 been preaching that same thing to him.

Now Lamar is a playmaker so if there's a clear track to the endzone or if there's a guy he knows he can juke out of his cleats then go for it. But some plays, just move the chains and live for another down. That extra second of thinking makes Lamar even more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I agree that Lamar will listen too. Imagine how much more dangerous he becomes as a runner. Defenders wouldn't be able to just key on him because they'll think he could go into a slide at any moment. Also the way RG3 chuckled tells me that RG3 been preaching that same thing to him.

Now Lamar is a playmaker so if there's a clear track to the endzone or if there's a guy he knows he can juke out of his cleats then go for it. But some plays, just move the chains and live for another down. That extra second of thinking makes Lamar even more dangerous.
    Russell Wilson is one guy that just never gets hurt and he is similar to Lamar in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    Who do you guys open up with?
    Miami.