Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Friendly reminder that we are not going 16-0

This is not a negativity thread. It's an attempt to mitigate the negativity.

Every single time this team loses this board gets very very gloomy. Especially after the first loss. I'm sure that's no surprise given some of the negativity we have today after what looked to me like a fairly convincing win. I'm here to let you guys know: it's coming. It could be coming this week at Arrowhead, it might come the following week vs Cleveland. It may come the week after that. But it's coming.

This doesn't mean we suck. This doesn't mean the season is over. NO team will go 16-0 this year. No one ever expected the Ravens to go 16-0 this year.

I know waiting for the season, especially with expectations, for a long time makes the losses sting, but let's try to be a little smarter than that this year. Ok?
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Re: Friendly reminder that we are not going 16-0

I think regular season losses will be handled better this year than in years past. The last few years the losses were the same ole crap. Cookie cutter losses that the fanbase was just so tired of seeing. Now we have promise and abundant potential which I think will help limit the doom and gloom of losses. We now have exciting players that will be a part of this team for years to come which I think will make any loss easier to swallow. I think in other years the level of pissed off after a loss was just as much a product of a timeline of frustration with the franchise as it was the actual loss.

Playoff loss is a whole different animal tho depending on how the loss plays out (ie loss to the chargers last year)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    I think regular season losses will be handled better this year than in years past. The last few years the losses were the same ole crap. Cookie cutter losses that the fanbase was just so tired of seeing. Now we have promise and abundant potential which I think will help limit the doom and gloom of losses. We now have exciting players that will be a part of this team for years to come which I think will make any loss easier to swallow. I think in other years the level of pissed off after a loss was just as much a product of a timeline of frustration with the franchise as it was the actual loss.

Playoff loss is a whole different animal tho depending on how the loss plays out (ie loss to the chargers last year)
    This is a really good point and I hope you're right. It's just so hard for me to believe when we have a thread talking about how we got "humbled" in a game that we were literally never trailing.

Well, the Patriots might go 16-0.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    This is not a negativity thread. It's an attempt to mitigate the negativity.

Every single time this team loses this board gets very very gloomy. Especially after the first loss. I'm sure that's no surprise given some of the negativity we have today after what looked to me like a fairly convincing win. I'm here to let you guys know: it's coming. It could be coming this week at Arrowhead, it might come the following week vs Cleveland. It may come the week after that. But it's coming.

This doesn't mean we suck. This doesn't mean the season is over. NO team will go 16-0 this year. No one ever expected the Ravens to go 16-0 this year.

I know waiting for the season, especially with expectations, for a long time makes the losses sting, but let's try to be a little smarter than that this year. Ok?
    Some talking heads have already started the 16-0 talk for the Pats once they landed AB lol. I shit you not.

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Some talking heads have already started the 16-0 talk for the Pats once they landed AB lol. I shit you not.
    Ugh that is honestly straight up malpractice.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post

Yesterday's game was the type we would have lost in the last few years. Expected to blow them out, Cards show up and outrun the D at a track meet and offense folds in a shell. At least now we have answers for adversity on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    This is a really good point and I hope you're right. It's just so hard for me to believe when we have a thread talking about how we got "humbled" in a game that we were literally never trailing.
    We were not humbled. The Steelers got humbled in Foxboro. We won our game. The thread about being humbled was started by one person and it wasn't the best choice of words. The DBs did get exposed, there can be no doubt about that.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Yesterday's game was the type we would have lost in the last few years. Expected to blow them out, Cards show up and outrun the D at a track meet and offense folds in a shell. At least now we have answers for adversity on offense.
    Good point.

And I think the Cardinals are going to be a tougher out for their opponents this year than many fans might expect.

With the division the way it is we could easily see one of those 12-4 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    With the division the way it is we could easily see one of those 12-4 seasons.
    Totally agree b4p

We should be striving for 11-5. That's always a good enough record to get into the Playoffs and maybe even win the Division. At the very least 10-6, but then you're usually playing for a 5th or 6th Wildcard seed.

I agree though, we will lose multiple games. All teams do. I think the goal should be getting to a strong start which for us usually means 4-2 after 6 games. I think if we handle our business at home and pick off some road wins, we'll be fine.