Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Could Mahomes be the best we've ever seen?

I've watched Mahomes here and there last year and so far this year and I can't help but wonder if we are seeing the most talented QB ever. The guy has what I think is more pure talent at the position than Aaron Rodgers and the things he does game in and game out is simpy amazing. His 2018 was one of the best QB seasons we have seen and he isn't slowing down. He's Dan Marino in a pass heavy league.

Even though we have a special QB of our own I'm excited to watch his career.

2. Re: Could Mahomes be the best we've ever seen?

Super talented....I also think you're getting the full display of Andy Reid's offensive mind. They are difficult team to defend... Kelce is someone that takes up a lot of attention of your middle defenders leaving many WR's with + matchups and 1 on 1 matchups. Mahomes is athletic enough to extend the play and defending/covering more than 5/6 seconds becomes difficult.....a la the prayer thrown up to T. Hill last year when they played.

Will be a chess match all day with Wink and Reid.....I want to review Mahomes stats when facing the blitz to see how much trouble we may be in :) Conversely....Chris Jones scares the shit out of me....Skura and Bozeman will have their hands full. The rest of the defense really does not scare me... I think if the D gets a few stops we can pull this one out.

If we do pull this out and another + game from 8.... media hype train is gonna be outta control.

Blog Entries

Re: Could Mahomes be the best we've ever seen?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    I've watched Mahomes here and there last year and so far this year and I can't help but wonder if we are seeing the most talented QB ever. The guy has what I think is more pure talent at the position than Aaron Rodgers and the things he does game in and game out is simpy amazing. His 2018 was one of the best QB seasons we have seen and he isn't slowing down. He's Dan Marino in a pass heavy league.

I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Mahomes has a chance to be the greatest QB to ever play the game. Of course, he would need to avoid injuries and any off field issues, but if he does that the sky is the limit for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Lamar could be the greatest ever.

Let just wait a big longer though. Mahomes has played like 20 games at the NFL level people were saying the same things about Newton and Rodgers at one time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday. Mahomes has a chance to be the greatest QB to ever play the game. Of course, he would need to avoid injuries and any off field issues, but if he does that the sky is the limit for him.

To be that you need to have postseason success, so that means he will have to switch teams at some point.

Blog Entries

When he wins at least 2 Super Bowls we can talk.

Blog Entries

btw...

Lamar Jackson versus Patrick Mahomes would have been a great Sunday Night Game next week. (It's Browns/Rams which is not to bad if the Browns aren't the "Browns")

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Lamar could be the greatest ever.

Let just wait a big longer though. Mahomes has played like 20 games at the NFL level people were saying the same things about Newton and Rodgers at one time
    Well shit then let's revisit this thread in 16 years when Mahomes retires. My fault for jumping the gun. Sorry to waste your time with responding to my ill timed question

I think Mahomes is the best QB in the league right now. He’s gotta do two huge things to be the GOAT.
    1. Stay healthy.
    2. And this is the HUGE one ...take a Reid team to the Super Bowl ...and win! Multiple times wouldn’t hurt. If you throw Marino out ...all the “goat” QBs have atleast one ring. Most have more.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    I think Mahomes is the best QB in the league right now. He’s gotta do two huge things to be the GOAT.
    1. Stay healthy.
    2. And this is the HUGE one ...take a Reid team to the Super Bowl ...and win! Multiple times wouldn’t hurt. If you throw Marino out ...all the “goat” QBs have atleast one ring. Most have more.

Getting Andy Reid a super bowl trophy might be enough alone to put Mahomes into the HOF, lol.

Blog Entries

Thumbs down Re: Could Mahomes be the best we've ever seen?

Let an old man, who has been a football fan since the 1950's see. Hmmm a QB in his 3rd NFL season with 19 games under his belt "the most talented QB ever?" Talk about premature ejaculation! SMH... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Getting Andy Reid a super bowl trophy might be enough alone to put Mahomes into the HOF, lol.
    I know right.