Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyrus Jones

Re: Cyrus Jones

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Over a ACL and freak neck injury?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Yeah man, I love Tavon but he’s been in the league what 3/4 years? He’s had season ending injuries in 2 of them.

I’ve seen a lot of different takes on Jones as a defender. I guess his defense is passable as your last corner who can play a bit in relief for a pinch, but he isn’t someone who should be mistaken for a starter.

Blog Entries

I didn't see the game but typically they're not game planning, they just run soft zone. I wouldn't put too much stock into a preseason game

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Canaday has performed well in the slot before. I like his length there. And Carr had a lot of snaps in the slot last year.

Tavon's loss will be felt, but we have the depth there where we can replace him with an NFL quality player, unlike, say, OLB, where we would be seriously dumpster diving if we had a significant injury.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

I'd like to see Canady or Everett at the slot. Carr is very technically sound so he may ok there - just worry about his quickness.
    "When you go into the lions den, you don't tippy-toe in. You carry a spear. You go in screaming like a banshee and say, 'Where's the son of a bitch?""
    - Brian Billick - postgame after beating Titans in Divisional playoff 2001

Twitter handle: @radams8483

I thought Cyrus played very poorly last night and got exposed.

He gave up 4 first downs from my notes and that's at first watch so there could be more.

To note: the Packers only had 11 first downs total... they were exposing him.

DO NOT move Hump or Jimmy inside. Use Carr and the safeties + give Averett and Canady a hard look.

We won't replace him ut we should be passable. Elliott may get soem snaps too. He played corner last presesaosn.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Cyrus will stay for his return ability

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Cyrus will stay for his return ability
    That is true. And as a backup DB, he's pretty comparable to the rest of the league. Backup CB's are typically not godo lol
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I thought Cyrus played very poorly last night and got exposed.

He gave up 4 first downs from my notes and that's at first watch so there could be more.

To note: the Packers only had 11 first downs total... they were exposing him.

DO NOT move Hump or Jimmy inside. Use Carr and the safeties + give Averett and Canady a hard look.

We won't replace him ut we should be passable. Elliott may get soem snaps too. He played corner last presesaosn.
    I just don't see it with Carr on the inside. He's not very fluid nor does he change direction very quickly. He's a physical press corner that should be staying out on the boundaries. Same with Jimmy Smith.

I think he'd be a good zone corner, but he absolutely sucks when he's playing man. It depends on the scheme Wink wants...last night was a ton of man so he got torched. Last week, his pick 6 was when he was playing zone and showed great awareness. He's also probably the best PR we have.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I am sure he'll be on the team as the KR/PR but he really shouldn't be playing defensively. It wasn't the cream of the crop he was going against last night and he looked completely lost. Definitely something to watch in the next couple of games.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Canaday has performed well in the slot before. I like his length there. And Carr had a lot of snaps in the slot last year.

Tavon's loss will be felt, but we have the depth there where we can replace him with an NFL quality player, unlike, say, OLB, where we would be seriously dumpster diving if we had a significant injury.
    We already are dumpster diving at OLB. And there are no injuries to speak of.

Someone once again needs to step up and take the slot CB and run with it. When Young was out in 2017, our middle of the field defense was very terrible. I don’t like the idea of Carr being there all year. He’s an outside guy who is considered very old in today’s NFL as a CB. He would have to keep up with small shifty guys and I’m not sure he can anymore.