Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Cyrus Jones

Re: Cyrus Jones

Kind of surprised he isn't returning punts/kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Kind of surprised he isn't returning punts/kicks.
    He has returned punts. They've all been fair catches. 3 against the Jags. 1 against the Packers.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I think he'd be a good zone corner, but he absolutely sucks when he's playing man. It depends on the scheme Wink wants...last night was a ton of man so he got torched. Last week, his pick 6 was when he was playing zone and showed great awareness. He's also probably the best PR we have.
    I get nervous because he completely screwed the Patriots for a couple of years in the return game. But Jacoby was cut by the Texans for the same reasons and we turned him around until Gary got here and he lost it again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    He has returned punts. They've all been fair catches. 3 against the Jags. 1 against the Packers.
    That's actually good since he used to muff them in NE

Last year, I remember Averett getting beat by Wims at the HoF game... but it could just be Wims is really really good. Hope Averett gets his shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tengu_Flock View Post
    Last year, I remember Averett getting beat by Wims at the HoF game... but it could just be Wims is really really good. Hope Averett gets his shot.
    Javon Wims? Yes he is part of a very good WR crop in Chicago.

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/be...d-peaking-duck

Spot locked up for Wims?

As promised, some thoughts on Wims, who led the Bears having caught five of six targets for 64 yards, including an impressive 29-yard snag just before halftime. It was games like this that led the Bears to feel as if they had to keep the 2018 seventh-round pick on their roster last year instead of risking him to waivers in an attempt to sneak him on to the practice squad. With another strong showing on film for the rest of the league to see, the thought here is Wims’ roster spot is all but secure.

And it’s not like Wims’ good game came out of nowhere — he’s been progressing to a night like this since the start of training camp. Cornerback Prince Amukamara — who got in a tussle with Wims during Tuesday’s practice — said he’s sensed a different gear in Wims since OTAs in spring, combining improved speed with developing route-running skills and the same go-up-and-get-it ability that was all over his college tape at Georgia.

You can't judge him by preseason. I've seen defensive backs absolutely torched in preseason who developed pretty well they are off and ass to do things they are uncomfortable with and with the regular season schemes they're going to be better off

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Blog Entries

Did you see the update in the TC thread? Martindale said Jones is the top nickel corner with Young out! FFS!

Blog Entries

Camp Updates
    Jeff Zrebiec‏Verified account @jeffzrebiec 19m19 minutes ago

Martindale said Cyrus Jones is the team’s top nickel guy with Tavon Young down. But said Ravens could use other guys in there too.

Stolen from baldy's post in the TC thread

I trust Wink more than yall’s evaluations based off of a bad quarter in a vanilla defense lol

There’s a reason the Patriots cut bait with him so early after being a second round pick. He wasn’t very good at CB and continually fumbled the ball as a returner.

He’s a below average to average CB in this league. Who will probably be thrust into starting duties this year.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I trust Wink more than yall’s evaluations based off of a bad quarter in a vanilla defense lol
    No kidding