Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Lamar’s 3rd and Long Incompletion

Anyone who thinks they can “accurately access” a QBs “arm talent”, or any other “skills” off 10 throws in the second pre season game has no clue about football in the first place.”

No where near enough data. Even if the ball wasn’t tipped though one bad pass you can’t jump to any conclusion like “he reverts back old mechanics under pressure”. That’s like taking one good pass and concluding “he’s the next Tom Brady”. It makes no sense and laughable to anyone with any intelligence on the subject.

If we want to make an accurate assessment of where Lamar is or isn’t after week 6 will be enough data to make intelligent conclusions. Coming to such conclusions in 10 snaps in a
    A meaningless preseason game isn’t the time to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensblitzkrieg View Post
    Anyone who thinks they can “accurately access” a QBs “arm talent”, or any other “skills” off 10 throws in the second pre season game has no clue about football in the first place.”

No where near enough data. Even if the ball wasn’t tipped though one bad pass you can’t jump to any conclusion like “he reverts back old mechanics under pressure”. That’s like taking one good pass and concluding “he’s the next Tom Brady”. It makes no sense and laughable to anyone with any intelligence on the subject.

If we want to make an accurate assessment of where Lamar is or isn’t after week 6 will be enough data to make intelligent conclusions. Coming to such conclusions in 10 snaps in a
    A meaningless preseason game isn’t the time to do it.
    Not trying to come to conclusions. Just keeping notes over time to build a consensus.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity Steve View Post
    Not trying to come to conclusions. Just keeping notes over time to build a consensus.
    Consensus?

I am all in for Lamar - whatever he can bring. He has talent and works hard. That said in watching the exhibition games I wanted more replays. I wondered too if the third and long pass was tipped and if the short pass that was behind Hurst was influenced by a small window. I also was curious as to what happened with the pass to Boykin.

Lamar has shown us that he can win and we have every reason to believe he is improving so for me I want to stare at minutiae now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Consensus?
    Personal consensus on my thoughts of his growth from last year, into and through this year.

For what it's worth, Jonas Shaffer and the Baltimore Beatdown Podcast guys both said it was an accurate pass and Snead didn't get his head around.

https://twitter.com/jonas_shaffer/st...043418112?s=19

https://youtu.be/RDzcQgbEU_w

Bump.

We now have confirmation that the pass was tipped.

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity Steve View Post
    Because I want a closer look at a play to make an accurate assessment instead of jumping to conclusions? Give me a break, man. Do you ever do anything other than follow posters around and poke at them? For someone who was just talking about having civil discussion with people you disagree with, you really haven’t been living up to your end of that.

Your thread question was pretty basic and right away the same handful of posters who cannot accept criticism of him jump all over you instead of just reading the thread or ignoring it and then want to preach civility!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post

Bump.

But but but the commentators said it wasnt! The commentators are always right!

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post

Bump.

I’m moving forward with it as a tipped pass. Really not the best angle to see what would have happened or how the tip affected the flight. Would have liked to see this from behind or from the end zone. Strangely enough, it looked behind Snead live. But he clearly reached in front and then it looks like it lands way behind him.

Batted and still accurate enough for Snead to catch it.

Imagine if thats Hollywood? I think he might snag it and make it a walk in TD with that speed.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Batted and still accurate enough for Snead to catch it.

Imagine if thats Hollywood? I think he might snag it and make it a walk in TD with that speed.
    Yikes! Brown really does have otherworldly change of direction and acceleration. Really interested to see how he is used.