Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Tayvon Young Out

Not to pour salt on the wound we all feel, but Tavon was also showing really well on blitzing from the slot corner in practices. In the practices I attended, he blitzed at least 5 times and was generally finding a free lane and closing in on the pocket very fast. I think we lost one of our better options at schematic pressure from the secondary.

Not sure how the Ravens will use him, but DeShon Elliot had a really nice blitz on one play I saw in practice (can’t remember if he was subbing for TJ in a base package or whether he was subbing for CoCap on a dime). I’m really hoping the Ravens get DeShon on the field because that cat is disruptive.

Fuck

Yeah, this isn’t good. I can only hope for a full recovery and a come back next year, for both the human and the football player. I’d hate to see his talent or quality of life sapped. Good amount of money tied up into him too.

Tavon is my boy, but damn, he’s injury prone.

You guys will be fine. You'll still be about 11-5 or so.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    You are a really nice guy. Good example of how to treat others who are fans of another team, unless it's the Steelers.I
    You as well bro. I hate the Vikings and Bears here but still try to be as nice as possible to their fans which is hard lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    You as well bro. I hate the Vikings and Bears here but still try to be as nice as possible to their fans which is hard lol.
    How did you feel about last night? Your first quarter defense really seemed to not break.

If I recall, the last time he was out with injury, didn't Cannaday play well in the slot until he also got hurt?

Blog Entries

Unhappy Re: Tayvon Young Out

Quote Originally Posted by sammyt View Post
    Not to pour salt on the wound we all feel, but Tavon was also showing really well on blitzing from the slot corner in practices. In the practices I attended, he blitzed at least 5 times and was generally finding a free lane and closing in on the pocket very fast. I think we lost one of our better options at schematic pressure from the secondary.

Not sure how the Ravens will use him, but DeShon Elliot had a really nice blitz on one play I saw in practice (can’t remember if he was subbing for TJ in a base package or whether he was subbing for CoCap on a dime). I’m really hoping the Ravens get DeShon on the field because that cat is disruptive.
    Yes, Tavon had 2 sacks last year. That went along with 37 tackles, 2 FRs, 1 INT, 5 PDs, and 3 STFs in 15 2018 games. Going to be very hard to replace. I wish him a speedy and complete recovery... Bc

Blog Entries

Like I said on the Jimmy Smith Trade thread, You can never have enough good corners. Good corner backs are like good pitching in baseball, when you find it don't let it leave.

Tayvon Young is a solid corner. This one hurts even if they have depth there.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    Like I said on the Jimmy Smith Trade thread, You can never have enough good corners. Good corner backs are like good pitching in baseball, when you find it don't let it leave.

Tayvon Young is a solid corner. This one hurts even if they have depth there.
    I wish you guys didn't get rid of Weddle either.

Quote Originally Posted by Continuity Steve View Post
    How did you feel about last night? Your first quarter defense really seemed to not break.
    I hope it's a preview of what's to come. I'm still worried though about this season. I'm not sure we will make the playoffs.