Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Tayvon Young Out

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Done for the year I had two discs replaced in my cervical spine. He is on the shelf. Period.
    That seems like ages ago. We're getting old.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I hope he has a fast and full recovery.

Bad luck with corners. I think Averett is ready though.

Wishing Young a speedy recovery

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Bad luck with corners. I think Averett is ready though.

Wishing Young a speedy recovery
    Sorry to hear brother. Congrats on beating us though Culex.

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Couldnt they just put him on PUP and reevaluate him after week 8?

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk
    They could. But Harbaugh said that the doctors have recommended/advised him to get surgery.

There isn’t a doctor in the world that would perform surgery on the spinal cord/vertebrae discs and not demand at least 8-12 weeks. And that is probably a severely safe time frame.

When it comes to football and the contact that area takes, I’d find it highly probable they would just make him take the entire year.

Too much can go wrong when dealing with the spinal cord area. The neck is also an area not to play around with.

Basically put, I’d be surprised if he played again this year if the reports are true. Huge blow

Blog Entries

Nobody is messing around with a neck injury, especially a 25 year old with 50 plus years in front of him. Would really, really doubt you see him this year. As someone mentioned, given what happened with Orr, we should be glad first off, that the injury is not life threatening or putting him at risk of paralysis, and second that he only is out for a season and not done for his career.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

can Canady play inside? I don't know enough about him to say off the top of my head. I like Averett for outside depth but a little worried what's behind Carr as nickel, other than maybe more "big nickel" packages with Clark and Elliott

Damn. get well young man...

Quote Originally Posted by Gjennings85 View Post
    I hope he has a fast and full recovery.
    You are a really nice guy. Good example of how to treat others who are fans of another team, unless it's the Steelers.I

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    They could. But Harbaugh said that the doctors have recommended/advised him to get surgery.

There isn’t a doctor in the world that would perform surgery on the spinal cord/vertebrae discs and not demand at least 8-12 weeks. And that is probably a severely safe time frame.

When it comes to football and the contact that area takes, I’d find it highly probable they would just make him take the entire year.

Too much can go wrong when dealing with the spinal cord area. The neck is also an area not to play around with.

Basically put, I’d be surprised if he played again this year if the reports are true. Huge blow
    You're right, he shouldn't go anywhere near contact for a good year. The problem is we don't know if any nerve damage occurred from the herniated disc. When my disc shattered, it cut into nerves and my left arm and hand have never recovered. Pain, numbness through the arm, hands and fingers can go away, if you're lucky. Whatever pain, numbness and loss of strength you have one year after surgery is permanent. There is some breakthrough with injecting stem cells. Kevin Nash (NWO BABY) just had that done and said it's the first time he felt better from numbness and pain in years.

Peyton Manning is a good example of losing strength

Didn’t Chuck Clark play some nickel last year?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Also the reason sometimes you wait to pay guys until you have to. Everyone is always pushing the idea of locking guys up early but no one factors in risks like this.
    That is the Ravens perspective. I am happy for him that he got paid before now because an injury like this in a contract year would have killed his market value.