Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Tayvon Young Out

Averett. Jean-Baptiste. Canady.
    NOT Cyrus.
    Can Bethel play slot?

Also explains why Averett has been getting so much playing time this preseason. Gotta get him ready for the season.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Brother, Cyrus Jones makes Frank Walker look like Deion Sanders. If that dude is taking snaps defensively in the regular season we are so far beyond fucked it’s not funny.
    Well, the offense is more dynamic than usual so we aren’t AS reliant on the D as past seasons. However, if one of the starting tackles or (God forbid) Yanda goes down, then we are truly screwed

Quote Originally Posted by BillickFan View Post
    Averett. Jean-Baptiste. Canady.
    NOT Cyrus.
    Can Bethel play slot?
    Jean-Baptiste is WAY too big for a slot.

[QUOTE=HotInHere;1713237]Possibly for the season, per Harbaugh presser. Neck/disc thing.I
    If the disc is ruined and needs a fusion, he's gone for the year. If they go in to clean up a bulging disc without a fusion(a fusion is taking bone from your hip or cadaver bone and replacing the disc with it) he could possibly be back late in the year. They could use steroid and platelet injections if it's not too severe.

He's probably gone for the year though. Zach Orr couldn't play again so I am praying for the man. Neck is one miserable injury

I love Young as a player, but hated the extension he was given a few months ago. To me, it was a market value contract for a nickel corner, and did not reflect the "risk discount" that a club should be given for signing a year early. This injury is a good reflection of why that discount is so necessary.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    The reason you don't trade your DBs before you really know what you have . . .
    It's sad that this even has to be repeated.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Silver lining

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Brother, Cyrus Jones makes Frank Walker look like Deion Sanders. If that dude is taking snaps defensively in the regular season we are so far beyond fucked it’s not funny.
    This

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Also the reason sometimes you wait to pay guys until you have to. Everyone is always pushing the idea of locking guys up early but no one factors in risks like this.
    I don't blame them for paying him, but this is a good point.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

11. Re: Tayvon Young Out

Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    Couldnt they just put him on PUP and reevaluate him after week 8?
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I don't think so. I think the fact that he has already practiced for the year makes him ineligible for PUP, but not 100% sure on that.

More likely, he's headed for IR, and if the neck heals better than expected, he might get one the roster return designations.
    Correct about PUP. One practice = ineligible for PUP.

Quote Originally Posted by BearArms View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Possibly for the season, per Harbaugh presser. Neck/disc thing.I
    If the disc is ruined and needs a fusion, he's gone for the year. If they go in to clean up a bulging disc without a fusion(a fusion is taking bone from your hip or cadaver bone and replacing the disc with it) he could possibly be back late in the year. They could use steroid and platelet injections if it's not too severe.

He's probably gone for the year though. Zach Orr couldn't play again so I am praying for the man. Neck is one miserable injury
    Quote Originally Posted by Zrebiec's Twitter
    Harbaugh said Ravens recommending surgery for Young. Harbaugh says it’s not career threatening. It would be season ending.
    Source
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Silver lining

Done for the year I had two discs replaced in my cervical spine. He is on the shelf. Period.