Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Takeaways from preseason game 2

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Fuuuuuuuuck.
    They were owning the middle of the field and Young excels there, and well, everywhere. Big loss. Don't know if Carr is great covering the slot or not.

On that Hill TD, the majority of speedy backs would have tried to run the ball outside and get stopped short. He showed incredible vision and instincts.

The Ravens have been getting by with JAGs at running back since Ray Rice. Hill does not look like a JAG at all to me.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Fuuuuuuuuck.
    They were owning the middle of the field and Young excels there, and well, everywhere. Big loss. Don't know if Carr is great covering the slot or not.
    I've had 3 major neck injuries, 2 surgeries. Cost me my career. Depends on what it is but I'm pretty much an expert in neck injuries now

4. Re: Takeaways from preseason game 2

I only noticed him on 2 plays (defensive). One of them was good; the other he got beat inside on a slant. I didn't notice if he was getting burned more.
    With no film, it's hard to tell for sure if he was beat, but Cyrus was credited with a tackle or tackle assist on 5 plays, all of which were Successful:

• (Q1, 9:17) 7 (6+1) yard gain by Allison (3rd and 2)
    • (Q2, 1:23) 4 (4+0) yard gain by Tonyan (1st and 10)
    • (Q2, 0:58) 6 (6+0) yard gain by Shepherd (2nd and 6)
    • (Q3, 7:23) 25 (11+14) yard gain by Lazard (2nd and 5)
    • (Q3, 6:00) 21 (16+5) yard gain by Lazard (2nd and 12)

Since we're looking at tackles, this list will be biased against Jones (we'll only see completed passes). Cyrus, however, was not credited with a PD (his other appearance in the Gamebook was a QH at (Q2, 10:54)), so we can't tell how often he had good coverage, and tackles aren't the best measure of whether a pass completion was his "fault."
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Cyrus was credited with a tackle or tackle assist on 5 plays, all of which were Successful:
    Oh, you mean successful plays for the offense.

Yeah.

Blog Entries

Once the regular season comes, if Hill stays north and south, he'll be fine. If he hesitates too much or gets too 'stretch-happy' (Trying to take every carry outside), he'll be on the bench.

If Wink can get a pass rush out of this group, he will be a HC next season. In the words of Ted DiBiase, "Everybody's got a price".
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

I did not come away from tonight's game with the impression that Cyrus Jones can play defense. I will await Ken's analysis but it looked brutal to me. He wasn't even in the zip code as the receiver on a couple of the plays. They are really screwed if he's the best option they have at slot CB.

I think we're inching closer towards pass rush being a red alert. Judon looked good, he looked fast, but that's not really what he's best at and the rest (Williams, Bowser) appeared to do little to nothing despite playing against backups and guys who won't be in the league in a couple weeks. Ferguson made a nice run stop but I didn't see him getting pressure. I don't expect the team to deal for Clowney so I expect this is going to be an issue that may not be resolved until next year. It's imperative that the secondary suffer no more long term injuries.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

If Young is down for the year, that’s a big loss. Already questioning how effective our ILB’s will be at covering the middle.

Won’t be good to also lose our Slot CB on top of that.

Neither Carr or Smith are slot CB’s. Both outside. So someone else would have to fill that void.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    On that Hill TD, the majority of speedy backs would have tried to run the ball outside and get stopped short. He showed incredible vision and instincts.

The Ravens have been getting by with JAGs at running back since Ray Rice. Hill does not look like a JAG at all to me.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
    Nope. Hill has that dog in him and will be an elite back in this league IMO.

I’m less worried about the edge with McPhee out there

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4Real View Post
    If Young is down for the year, that’s a big loss. Already questioning how effective our ILB’s will be at covering the middle.

Won’t be good to also lose our Slot CB on top of that.

Neither Carr or Smith are slot CB’s. Both outside. So someone else would have to fill that void.
    Bennett Jackson is the first one that comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    Any game with Lamar in it is must watch for me.
    Same.

I feel like that's going to be the case for a lot of people around the country. Jersey sales, more "national" or "game of the week" spots on Sundays, etc.