Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 LastLast

Re: Takeaways from preseason game 2

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Agreed. Adalius Thomas was super-athletic, who come to mind when using that phrase amongst Ravens.
    Roderick Green. Light bulb never came on for him though.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    You said he was overpaid but now you’re taunting his salary as proof that he’s irreplaceable lol
    Its just football talk guy no need for that kind of behavior. You know very well i meant within the current roster. You dont win anything no one is keeping score. You think Za wont be missed with the current roster, I do. Hope youre right.

I honestly have Antoine Wessley making this team now. He and Jaleel Scott are WRs 5&6. I don't see Seth Roberts making the team and neither should he. I think a WR Corp of

Boykin, Hollywood, Snead, Moore, Scott, and Wessley

Sets us up for the future.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    I honestly have Antoine Wessley making this team now. He and Jaleel Scott are WRs 5&6. I don't see Seth Roberts making the team and neither should he. I think a WR Corp of

Maybe but I would still take Roberts over Wesley if the season started today. Wesley isn’t an ST guy, we have young talent at WR, it’s a long season and Roberts has shown the savvy and willingness to do the dirty work as a blocker.

If Wesley makes this team, barring injuries, I don’t see him active for more than half of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Fights View Post
    Maybe but I would still take Roberts over Wesley if the season started today. Wesley isn’t an ST guy, we have young talent at WR, it’s a long season and Roberts has shown the savvy and willingness to do the dirty work as a blocker.

If Wesley makes this team, barring injuries, I don’t see him active for more than half of the games.
    I also think it will be easier to get Wesley onto the practice squad. Does anyone know if Ezeala is exempt from the 53 man roster? How does that international player rule work?

https://twitter.com/Pat_Thorman/stat...25036142858242

#Ravens RB Justice Hill forced 9 missed tackles on 12 touches this week vs GB. Mark Ingram hasn’t forced 9 missed tackles in a full game in nearly 5 years.

Crazy

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post

#Ravens RB Justice Hill forced 9 missed tackles on 12 touches this week vs GB. Mark Ingram hasn’t forced 9 missed tackles in a full game in nearly 5 years.

Crazy
    That's mental.

He's going to be a freak.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Crazy
    Are missed tackles and broken tackles the same thing? Because I’ve seen Ingram bulldoze his way through numerous would-be arm tackles. Ingram seems to be a yards after contact hammer, while Hill is more the “you ain’t gonna make contact” type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Crazy
    When we drafted Hill (2019 - 4th round) I thought "we have enough RBs, why not an Olineman?" Later in that same round EDC drafted Ben Powers. Then I looked deeper, starting with 2018 (Ozzie's last as GM) saw the offensive plan emerge : LJ (QB), Hurst and Andrews (TEs), O. Brown/Senat/Bozeman and Powers (Oline), Hollywood/Boykin and J. Scott (WRs). Hill's speed, elusiveness, and excitement fit right in with our young, deep, and dangerous (assuming positive development) offensive corps. I am quite optimistic... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post

Maybe but we have to balance the present a bit too. Roberts reportedly impressed in camp, I’m not cutting him just cause he got hurt.

I wonder if Roberts can’t go to open the season, if they don’t go with Floyd over Wesley (or just go with 5 WRs until Roberts is ready) solely to see if we can’t hide Wesley and stash him on the PS

Quote Originally Posted by QuothDaRaven View Post
    Are missed tackles and broken tackles the same thing? Because I’ve seen Ingram bulldoze his way through numerous would-be arm tackles. Ingram seems to be a yards after contact hammer, while Hill is more the “you ain’t gonna make contact” type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    According to that same guy in the comments, Ingram was top 15 in evaded tackles per touch last year. So that makes this all the more impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    According to that same guy in the comments, Ingram was top 15 in evaded tackles per touch last year. So that makes this all the more impressive.
    Couldn’t be more impressed with Hill. I knew he was fast but did not expect that technical running ability that he showed in terms of running at angles in short windows (a la LeVeon Bell), exploding through the hole (a la Maurice Jones-Drew), and converting speed to power when finishing runs (a la Ray Rice). His vision is also outstanding. Has shown ability to “create” blocks for himself by misleading linebackers and safeties with patient running before planting his foot and accelerating through the line.

Combine that with his natural instinct to run moves (like the high step) that alter his acceleration without changing forward progress and you’ve got yourself a truly electric runner.