Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Is Trace McSorley a legit backup qb?

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    I knew it was coming only a matter of time before somebody says he should be starting qb

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Yeah I was curious as to which dumbass would say it lol

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Yeah I was curious as to which dumbass would say it lol
    How about starting him and that guy we had 2 years ago that was lighting up Ups drivers as a backup

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    How about starting him and that guy we had 2 years ago that was lighting up Ups drivers as a backup

Josh Woodrum. Exactly. Trace has shown some potential but he has a long way to go.

Blog Entries

I don't think you want a rookie QB backing up a second year player, there are some intangibles that RG3 brings that Trace don't have yet, plus we haven't even seen this kid play one meaningful game yet...don't throw the baby out the bath water yet.

Blog Entries

As a passer, McSorley is not far behind Lamar. Lamar is significantly more electric as a runner and I think that Lamar is better at going through his reads. I think that McSorley’s sidelines are his strength, whereas Jackson’s strength is the middle of the field.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

I think the poster who said in a running qb team keeping only 2 is a bad idea. I think three qb's are almost a must have for this offense if you have a main guy and two solid backups that are cheap. I think the plan was to find a long term backup for LJ with a 6th round pick (Ravens like these guys and don't waste picks in the 6th). They could cut him if needed without much pain and based on his results earlier in preseason, I think they would have cut him and made him a practice squad guy IF - RG3 hadn't gotten hurt.

But since RG3 went down and due Trace getting a lot more work, he's developed into what the Ravens wanted.

I think they either keep 3 straight up makes sense, for dual use like 2 qb same time. Or IR RG3 after the cut. They have Trace as the backup and if LJ gets hurt they can bring RG3 after week 8 if needed and have a longer look at Trace (RIGHT? first time he can come back) and have that spot open for another player.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I don't think you want a rookie QB backing up a second year player, there are some intangibles that RG3 brings that Trace don't have yet, plus we haven't even seen this kid play one meaningful game yet...don't throw the baby out the bath water yet.
    But IR RG3 can talk to players and be in meetings (?) we know he can be on the sideline, this might be the player/coach that they wanted RG3 to be for LJ. RG3 might not like it, but he's still paid and seems like a stand up guy. So IR might be a logical spot for RG3.

Blog Entries

Let’s face it, Lamar Jackson is very electric. And in tight moments of a game, his juices will shoot up and he’ll take hits he could otherwise avoid.

Keep 3 QBs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Let’s face it, Lamar Jackson is very electric. And in tight moments of a game, his juices will shoot up and he’ll take hits he could otherwise avoid.

Keep 3 QBs.
    This is the argument that counts.

Trace, due to RG3's injury, is just developing faster than predicted. I think the original idea was to sneak him onto the PS, now he's developing so much faster that they will have to keep 3 or try to save RG3 via IR to keep or get someone else. For me, it's keep 3 and consider keeping 3 active on gameday.

Don't forget he will almost certainly contribute in other ways besides being the 3rd QB. Didn't Roman say that they would start preparing him for other roles closer to the regular season starting.

Fuck me, from waste of a pick to better passer than LJ in two hours. Another reason to get rid of these preseason games I guess.

You can't make this shit up.

Sounds a lot like Lamar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Josh Woodrum. Exactly. Trace has shown some potential but he has a long way to go.