Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Joe Flacco in Denver

Honestly, I’m just tired of hearing the same tired excuses for Joe so I’m excited to see what he does with a team with “better talent.” Season can’t start soon enough.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Honestly, I’m just tired of hearing the same tired excuses for Joe so I’m excited to see what he does with a team with “better talent.” Season can’t start soon enough.
    Trust me brother, when you see the offense they put Lamar in, you’ll sound just like I used to.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Trust me brother, when you see the offense they put Lamar in, you’ll sound just like I used to.
    Idk sword, I have a good feeling about G-RO. I could be just sipping the koolaid, but I believe in him.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenIsh View Post
    Why not go to the Broncos board to find out how he's doing? He's not a Raven anymore. I could care less how he's doing.
    And yet you opened, and then took time to comment in, a thread titled "Joe Flacco in Denver."

The mysteries of this world continue to confound me...
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    ... issues with waiting till receivers were open instead of anticipating where they would be open and hitting them in stride.
    Yes. What some scouts call a "see it, throw it" type of passer. I've read that Matthew Stafford is similar.

I never fully appreciated that problem in Joe's game, until maybe as late as this past season. I mean, I always knew Joe was often a beat "late" in releasing the ball. He relied on his arm strength to make up the difference; and usually it worked. I attributed it to his being a little slow to process the field. But now I think he was a reacting rather than anticipating passer. He had to see the player come open before he was willing to let it go.

Not to turn everything into a Lamar discussion; but Lamar's anticipation was a revelation last season. Balls released before receivers had got to the spot! It was amazing. The mechanical lapses kept the completion % low (honestly, the receivers did too), but the vision was something I hadn't seen in Baltimore before. Exciting.

I think Joe's vision puts a pretty hard ceiling on him as a passer.

But!

I also think it's possible that a relocation might do a world of good, maybe shake him out of some complacent habits in his play. Maybe playing in the shadow of one of the great playmaking QBs, in a place with a tradition of great passing, will spur him to be a smidge more "aggressive"; throw things before they open rather than after they have opened. Joe's arm talent and release and accuracy are on point. If circumstances help him play a little faster, he could have a nice little season.

Would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    And yet you opened, and then took time to comment in, a thread titled "Joe Flacco in Denver."

The mysteries of this world continue to confound me...
    I know right. Some posters just like attention. If you don’t like the topic just go to another thread.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Also, Ed was *done* when he left here. There wasn't really much question. It's kinda like Sizzle. He has a year, maybe two more, and we all know how he's going to perform. And BTW, I will absolutely be paying attention to how Sizz does in AZ, and I'm rooting for him every week except Week 2.

Same way I followed Ngata, and Torrey, and Kruger, etc after they left. Hell, I'm even aware Ed Dickson went to Seattle last year. I wouldn't even know who that guy was if he hadn't been drafted by the Ravens.

It's only natural to have an interest in how our players do after they leave. Particularly Joe, in light of the interminable debate about how much of the offensive failure of the last six seasons was on him, and how much was on his supporting cast.

I like Joe, I appreciate what he did here, and I'll be following him and hoping he finally does get a chance to play an AFC Championship game in Baltimore.

I think its funny to watch human being who think 0-1, black and white, off or on. Can't deal in shades of gray.

Look, Unitas going to the Chargers for a year doesn't make Unitas not a Baltimore Colt through and through. I had family who paid attention (as much as you could back then via the papers, etc.) to what Unitas was doing. They were fans of his.

Like you said, I've followed all my favorites Ravens and what they do after us. And i'm happy for them, and want them to succeed. These are people that you're invested in. VERY few players get to be with 1 team for a career, most have multiple spots.

A part of me wanted Flacco to retire here, but I am HELLA excited for Lamar. That said, I hope Flacco proves the Ravens wrong and he succeeds as well . . . just not at our expense.

I think a Broncos / Ravens playoff game has story-lines that write themselves. I'd love to see Lamar and Joe shake hands in the middle of the field after a well-fought game.

And yeah, I'll be following Flacco and the Broncos when I can. I think thats natural. I think turning off appreciation for someones game because their Jersey's change color is actually the 0-1, black and white, common thought process, but its weird to me. I can't not think of Flacco when I think of all the best years of Ravens football IMO outside of 2000. He was integral to what might be the all time run for this franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ben Allbright is a great follow and he's now covering the Broncos: https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL

The reports have not been good so far, but it's not specific to Joe, the whole offense is shaky. Their Oline is a problem
    Thanks for the link and comment. I've looked through this thread and read some of the comments and links and seems like your assessment is pretty accurate. I saw the Broncos as a whole turned the ball over 4 times in their pre-season opener. The general consensus seemed to be "strong arm, cool demeanor, shaky performance".

As an aside, I wasn't aware of Marcus Mariota looking like he may not start (saw this on one of the twitter feed links). I know he has been oft-injured, but it sounds like he is probably going to be shipped off or retire due to starting his career in a bad situation. Shame to say it about Andrew Luck too, but he did seem like the real deal his first three seasons, but poor offensive management (re cheap out on the o-line) has probably already or will curtail his career. I do think he was the next Manning/Brady etc. based on his early NFL performance. Mahomes seems to be the next in line after last year's performance.

Anyway I got a bit off topic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn’t care what Flacco is doing in Denver when we have a pretty cool QB here in Baltimore?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    I feel the same way.
    Exactly who made you two click on the thread? You don’t have to you know that? You care enough to bitch about Flacco.

That is what I am tired of. He may not be a Raven, but he is our former Super Bowl MVP and many people will always consider him a Raven. You can bet when he retires it will be as a Raven.

You can also take this to the “Bank” that he will be in the Ring of Honor.

Do everyone a favor and show how much you don’t care about Joe Flacco and ignore Flacco threads.

Blog Entries

Haven't really heard how he's been doing, but I will be following in the regular season and I do hope he does well, as I will always hold a special place in my heart for Joe Flacco.

I also like to keep track on other former Ravens and will do so again this year, with guys like Smith and Weddle.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Exactly who made you two click on the thread? You don’t have to you know that? You care enough to bitch about Flacco.

That is what I am tired of. He may not be a Raven, but he is our former Super Bowl MVP and many people will always consider him a Raven. You can bet when he retires it will be as a Raven.

Do everyone a favor and show how much you don’t care about Joe Flacco and ignore Flacco threads.
    How am I bitching? I just second his statement, that isn't even close to bitching. He deserves to be in the ROH. All I'm saying is I'm not worried about what Flacco does, he's not on the Ravens. I care about our current team.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post

Well said. And... omg! It's totally possible to 100% support and be behind Lamar as our new QB, while also being interested in what Joe's up to.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk