Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Joe Flacco in Denver

The only thing I really heard is that the OL is really bad, which doesnt bode well for any offense.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Ben Allbright is a great follow and he's now covering the Broncos: https://twitter.com/AllbrightNFL

The reports have not been good so far, but it's not specific to Joe, the whole offense is shaky. Their Oline is a problem
    This is what I've heard as well. Their OL is just getting their asses handed to them consistently.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Am I the only one that doesn’t care what Flacco is doing in Denver when we have a pretty cool QB here in Baltimore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ugh. I appreciate all Joe did here when he was our 2nd or 3rd best QB in the cities history, and he will get his spot in the ring of honor and will hopefully continue to be involved with the Ravens after he retires. But I don't see how people are still this interested in how he plays for Denver. I don't recall this much concern/interest in Ed when he left, I wonder how many would be like this if Ray had left?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Ugh. I appreciate all Joe did here when he was our 2nd or 3rd best QB in the cities history, and he will get his spot in the ring of honor and will hopefully continue to be involved with the Ravens after he retires. But I don't see how people are still this interested in how he plays for Denver. I don't recall this much concern/interest in Ed when he left, I wonder how many would be like this if Ray had left?
    Hey, would you believe me if I told you that this was probably the fifth Flacco thread of the off-season and the dreaded “fWo” hasn’t started any of them?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    Any links?
    The links to the first paragraph are kind of from a good portion of people. The link to the last paragraph was from one guy who I don’t remember, because I’m not on Twitter. He tweeted it out a couple of weeks ago I wanna say. At the time, I did post the link in another thread.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    multi-faceted question there.

There were threads about Ed and whether or not hed do good in Houston, and when he didnt, and when he was moved to the Jets. So I think there were people interested in Eds career after the Ravens. The hypothetical of Ray is a little different, he would have left in FA, on his own knowing the team wanted him back, while Ed left because the team didnt. I think there would be a lot more disdain for Ray to leave than Ed. Flacco was traded, so its not really his choice, and I think fans understand that. I figure these threads will go similar to Eds, and once he performs similar or under expectations theyll die off. If he somehow performs better than he has here, thats the only going to fuel people more to keep following. look at Boldin as an example, people were interested and continued to follow and when he put up higher stats elsewhere they still bring him up to this day.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I want the Ravens to play the Broncos in the AFC Championship game.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn’t care what Flacco is doing in Denver when we have a pretty cool QB here in Baltimore?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    multi-faceted question there.

There were threads about Ed and whether or not hed do good in Houston, and when he didnt, and when he was moved to the Jets. So I think there were people interested in Eds career after the Ravens. The hypothetical of Ray is a little different, he would have left in FA, on his own knowing the team wanted him back, while Ed left because the team didnt. I think there would be a lot more disdain for Ray to leave than Ed. Flacco was traded, so its not really his choice, and I think fans understand that. I figure these threads will go similar to Eds, and once he performs similar or under expectations theyll die off. If he somehow performs better than he has here, thats the only going to fuel people more to keep following. look at Boldin as an example, people were interested and continued to follow and when he put up higher stats elsewhere they still bring him up to this day.
    Also, Ed was *done* when he left here. There wasn't really much question. It's kinda like Sizzle. He has a year, maybe two more, and we all know how he's going to perform. And BTW, I will absolutely be paying attention to how Sizz does in AZ, and I'm rooting for him every week except Week 2.

Same way I followed Ngata, and Torrey, and Kruger, etc after they left. Hell, I'm even aware Ed Dickson went to Seattle last year. I wouldn't even know who that guy was if he hadn't been drafted by the Ravens.

It's only natural to have an interest in how our players do after they leave. Particularly Joe, in light of the interminable debate about how much of the offensive failure of the last six seasons was on him, and how much was on his supporting cast.

I like Joe, I appreciate what he did here, and I'll be following him and hoping he finally does get a chance to play an AFC Championship game in Baltimore.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Why not go to the Broncos board to find out how he's doing? He's not a Raven anymore. I could care less how he's doing.