Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dak Prescott

Re: Dak Prescott

I would not franchise Dak. I would let him walk after this season and get the 3rd round comp pick. There are plenty of guys that could probably perform at the same level behind that line with those weapons. Cooper was a top talent. He had a very good first year in the league before he got caught in the Raiders dysfunction. I would sign Zeke to a top RB contract. He will still be good for another 3 years. Keep Zeke and Amari along with that line. Its either Dak or Zeke at this point. In 2017 Dak was significantly less effective when Zeke was out for 5 games.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I would not franchise Dak. I would let him walk after this season and get the 3rd round comp pick. There are plenty of guys that could probably perform at the same level behind that line with those weapons. Cooper was a top talent. He had a very good first year in the league before he got caught in the Raiders dysfunction. I would sign Zeke to a top RB contract. He will still be good for another 3 years. Keep Zeke and Amari along with that line. Its either Dak or Zeke at this point. In 2017 Dak was significantly less effective when Zeke was out for 5 games.
    They could always franchise Dak and then rescind it if they got the guy they wanted in the draft. If they miss on their target they keep Dak for a season and try again the next year.

If they do draft the QB they want they could sign Jacoby Brissett or Joe Flacco or some other placeholder. There are options for those gutsy enough

I mean I like Dak, don't think he's quite worth the highest paid QB, but that's the market.

I'm kind of dumbfounded with the Jones "we absolutely will not be setting the market, they can make their money back in endorsements because we're the Cowboys" stance. Is this going to be their stance moving forward? Doesn't matter how good the player is, they are going to try and get out of paying the max just because they play for the Cowboys? And why would they be so public with that stance?
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    I laughed out loud when I read he wants 40 million. Aaron Rogers at least WON something as did Russell Wilson. This dude is close to a JAG than an Elite QB. In fact, Flacco haters aside, I’d take Flacco before that chump because at least Flacco is clutch in the playoffs, just as Tom Brady.

Dark would wilt if he had to have faced Luck, Manning, and Brady.

40 million equates to reading your local press clippings. Super JAG at best.
    At the same point in their careers, Dak's production is similar to Flacco's. Both guys had question marks whether their teams can win championships with them. You could talk about the talent in Dak's offense but Flacco was on teams with strong defenses and running game. At this point Dak is pretty much what Flacco was in his first 3 seasons. It was a mistake to pay Flacco that kind of money and the Cowboys should be avoiding this even if Dak bets on himself and balls out on the way to winning the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    They’re paying Zach Martin 6/84 already. 40 million guaranteed. It’s impossible to pay everyone
    It’s not just him. Four guys on that line are making $10MM or more.

The problem with the Cowboys is, where is the upside? Looking at the 2011 Ravens, after Joe’s first three years, you could see how the team could get better. Joe was improving, he was getting better weapons around him, Rice was turning into a top weapon.

Where do you see the Cowboys getting any better? In three years they’ve squeaked out one home playoff game against a wild card team. They are going to have to get better to win in the postseason. Dak isn’t getting much better than he already is. Neither is the line, neither is Zeke. And they can’t afford to pay anyone else.

So how is this team getting any better, whether they pay Dak or not?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    It’s not just him. Four guys on that line are making $10MM or more.

The problem with the Cowboys is, where is the upside? Looking at the 2011 Ravens, after Joe’s first three years, you could see how the team could get better. Joe was improving, he was getting better weapons around him, Rice was turning into a top weapon.

Where do you see the Cowboys getting any better? In three years they’ve squeaked out one home playoff game against a wild card team. They are going to have to get better to win in the postseason. Dak isn’t getting much better than he already is. Neither is the line, neither is Zeke. And they can’t afford to pay anyone else.

So how is this team getting any better, whether they pay Dak or not?

How was Flacco getting better after 3 seasons when his production more or less leveled off? Dallas always seem to do good job of developing players on offense at least where the Ravens needed to trade and buy talent on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    How was Flacco getting better after 3 seasons when his production more or less leveled off? Dallas always seem to do good job of developing players on offense at least where the Ravens needed to trade and buy talent on offense.
    January Joe was a lot more of a weapon in 2011 and 2012 than in his first three years. Definitely more than in his first two. And the offense evolved. PItta replaced Dickson and became a reliable receiver. Torrey Smith came on. Jacoby Jones became a deep threat.

Point being, you could see a trend line from 2008 through 2010 trending up, and you could see the team could continue to improve. I just don’t see how Dallas can continue to improve. They don’t have the money, and their impact players are as good as they’re going to be.

"Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    January Joe was a lot more of a weapon in 2011 and 2012 than in his first three years. Definitely more than in his first two. And the offense evolved. PItta replaced Dickson and became a reliable receiver. Torrey Smith came on. Jacoby Jones became a deep threat.

Point being, you could see a trend line from 2008 through 2010 trending up, and you could see the team could continue to improve. I just don’t see how Dallas can continue to improve. They don’t have the money, and their impact players are as good as they’re going to be.

No one could have predicted that kind of performance in the 2012 postseason from Flacco. Before that he was just playing as an average level starting QB. Dak started his career playing at a high level and had a better year than Flacco's first 3 years. I don't believe Dak is worth what he's asking for but I can see why he would be justified in getting what he wants. I never thought that Flacco should have got the contract based on his track record at the time even after being Super Bowl MVP and the Ravens felt they had to pay him top QB money.

Baldy, you always find the best memes.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by moviemaniacx View Post
    Baldy, you always find the best memes.
    thanks brother

Dak is garbage without Zeke lol