Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Dak Prescott

Re: Dak Prescott

Quote Originally Posted by justifythegame View Post
    If the Ravens are willing to hand 20 mil /yr to Flacco then Dak can surely get or at minimum request (negotiate) to be paid the same (35-40/yr is todays equivalent to flacco).
    Several people have broken this down and it’s not true. Today’s equivalent is precisely the $30m a year Dak already declined.

I agree with that article from the Athletic. If Dak keeps hardballing I let him play out his contract this year, draft a QB, and franchise him next year. He's not going to sit out, certainly not this year. You can't pay a middle of the road QB 40 mil. I'd hesitate to pay him 30.

Dak Prescott is black Alex Smith. Anyone who pays him top 10 QB money is a fool

Quote Originally Posted by seraph View Post
    At the same point in their careers, Dak's production is similar to Flacco's. Both guys had question marks whether their teams can win championships with them. You could talk about the talent in Dak's offense but Flacco was on teams with strong defenses and running game. At this point Dak is pretty much what Flacco was in his first 3 seasons. It was a mistake to pay Flacco that kind of money and the Cowboys should be avoiding this even if Dak bets on himself and balls out on the way to winning the Super Bowl.
    No the mistake was low balling flacco to start.

Then we messed up his structure, with him making relative pennies the first two years..... So we could ignore the offense

Then we signed a bunch of over the hill over paid defensive players.

We signed an aging out of shape RB and an injury prone TE, and traded the only wr who could catch a ball that hit him in the chest.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

Then we messed up his structure, with him making relative pennies the first two years..... So we could ignore the offense

We signed an aging out of shape RB and an injury prone TE, and traded the only wr who could catch a ball that hit him in the chest.
    Yep. Those first two years were the time to build the offense to be even stronger around him, with the defense in transition. Instead, they traded Boldin, spent their first four draft picks on defense and signed a bunch of ‘Also-rans’, as I call them. Then his salary ballooned and it was used as an excuse as to why they couldn’t invest in the offense and thus, had to keep investing in the defense.

The only signing in 2013 that was worth it was Elvis Dumervil, who they could have signed without trading Boldin.

I mean, as big a role as that man played in that postseason run, you’re going to gripe over his salary being 8 million dollars and ask him to take a 2 million dollar paycut?

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Yep. Those first two years were the time to build the offense to be even stronger around him, with the defense in transition. Instead, they traded Boldin, spent their first four draft picks on defense and signed a bunch of ‘Also-rans’, as I call them. Then his salary ballooned and it was used as an excuse as to why they couldn’t invest in the offense and thus, had to keep investing in the defense.

The only signing in 2013 that was worth it was Elvis Dumervil, who they could have signed without trading Boldin.

I mean, as big a role as that man played in that postseason run, you’re going to gripe over his salary being 8 million dollars and ask him to take a 2 million dollar paycut?
    Yea, this was a crazy time for the Ravens. Ozzie mishandled things. I thought they wanted Boldin to take a mere 1 million dollar cut, not 2. Dumervil was a good move. Steve Smith was the only good free agency acquisition on offense. We missed a lot in the draft on defense and offense. Money was spent but not well. Loving the financial restraint we're seeing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post

They were also in this situation because they were all-in on chasing that ring. They were paying Ray, Ed, Marshal, Haloti, Sizzle, Boldin -- all these guys near the top of the league at their positions. Then they were bringing in FAs like Birk and McKinney and paying them as well. They may not have known how much they were going to fall off, but the fall was coming no matter what. And they definitely made some bad decisions, and they had a run of atrocious luck. And through it all, they've only had one losing season.

Most importantly, we got a shiny silver trophy out of it. And I would do it all again, exactly the same way, for that payoff.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Yea, this was a crazy time for the Ravens. Ozzie mishandled things. I thought they wanted Boldin to take a mere 1 million dollar cut, not 2. Dumervil was a good move. Steve Smith was the only good free agency acquisition on offense. We missed a lot in the draft on defense and offense. Money was spent but not well. Loving the financial restraint we're seeing.

My frustration with it was this: To get the production you got out of Boldin once Caldwell took over as OC and started using him to his strengths, 8 million dollars was a huge bargain. It was beyond cheap to ask Boldin to take a paycut. That’s why suspicions grew that Harbaugh wanted him gone.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    What the hell is in the Gatorade down there in Dallas? Dak, Zeke, Cooper, all crazy.

Smart teams let guys walk. We did it.

Yeah I would have to let him hit free agency and allow reality to slap him in the face. There are currently no NFL teams that would be willing to pay him 40 million over their current guy. Literally cant think of a single team whose QB situation is so bad that they would be THAT desperate. Dak is over playing his hand here.

They are stuck paying Cooper. They just traded for him

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

Nice to see you came around on this Ex to see it as how I saw it at the time!

Trading Boldin was one of the dumbest moves this franchise ever made. I felt it at the time and I still do to this day.

Ozzie and the organization I think bought into the "elite QB's magically make everyone better, so we are going to make Joe do it now that we are paying him". I do agree that the truly great QB's CAN elevate others but only the truly historically great ones do that IMHO...guys like Brady/Manning/Elway/Unitas etc. I would never put Joe in that category and it was silly IMHO to think he's turn the likes of Deonte Thompson, Marlon Brown, Jacoby Jones (LOL, they thought he was a starter) and Tandon Doss into quality NFL WR's. I called it then, most on this board thought Pitta and Torrey would be good, Pitta got hurt and Torrey was what I thought he was, a #2 at best who was a poor man's Mike Wallace.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Yes, RaveninWoodlawn will not allow me to forget that I was actually optimistic about the Boldin trade initially. My thought was that they were going to do something bigger with the offense. That never happened and, in hindsight, I felt like an idiot.

And since then, I've turned evil and doubted everything I see until proven otherwise.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore