Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dak Prescott

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Dak Prescott

He turned down 30 million a year. He wants 40 million. This guy is average at best. It's funny how every qb that comes up for negotiations wants to be the highest paid. Glad I'm not a Cowboys fan. It isn't like he won a Superbowl and had leverage. He is like Flacco he need a good running back and great defense. I dont even think he has thrown for 4000 yards yet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Re: Dak Prescott

He should have signed it immediately and named all of his kids after his agent.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    He should have signed it immediately and named all of his kids after his agent.
    Literally laughed out loud at this.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Not sure Dak Prescott would even crack my top 10. Slightly above average at best, agent smoking crack asking for that much. Give him anywhere near that much you aren’t getting deals done with Zeke and Amari Cooper who Prescott desperately needs.

The whole appeal of Dak is that you can win with him and you’re not paying him anything because he’s making 4th round slot money. He’s not actually good though; $30m would be a mess, $40m would be franchise crippling.

I think we're about to see a market readjustment for quarterbacks. None of the highest paid quarterbacks were in the conference championship games last year. Buying a quarterback clearly isn't a surefire way to winning

Instead of the old adage: "you can't win a superbowl without a franchise quarterback"
    It might become: "you can't win a superbowl WITH a franchise quarterback because they cost so much"

The smart teams might look to drafting a guy, getting 5 years out of him and they go find his replacement, never getting hit with the cost and keeping the team around your QB strong so the its easier to plug and play the next guy.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

QB contracts are not about production, past or future, they are about ego.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Dak Prescott

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    He turned down 30 million a year. He wants 40 million. This guy is average at best. It's funny how every qb that comes up for negotiations wants to be the highest paid. Glad I'm not a Cowboys fan. It isn't like he won a Superbowl and had leverage. He is like Flacco he need a good running back and great defense. I dont even think he has thrown for 4000 yards yet.
    Jerry Jones, "27 million, 28 million, 29 million, and finally 30 million dollars. There it is on the table. How about that, Dak?" he said with a big smile.
    Prescott, "Why'd you stop there JJ? Keep countin' until I'm satisfied!"

Unbelievable (if true)... Bc

Garoppolo and Cousins I guess set the floor at around 28 million average annually for guys who have done jack squat. Prescott I suppose does have a case for more than them, but he should have definitely jumped on the 30 million.

Dang. Flacco used to be overpaid. Now he's right where he should be salary wise. Also makes me respect Tom Brady just a little bit.

Blog Entries

I laughed out loud when I read he wants 40 million. Aaron Rogers at least WON something as did Russell Wilson. This dude is close to a JAG than an Elite QB. In fact, Flacco haters aside, I’d take Flacco before that chump because at least Flacco is clutch in the playoffs, just as Tom Brady.

Dark would wilt if he had to have faced Luck, Manning, and Brady.

40 million equates to reading your local press clippings. Super JAG at best.