Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dak Prescott

Re: Dak Prescott

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Again, I don’t think he’s special, but it’s a natural mindset. All these guys believe in themselves. Dak has won his whole life. He took Mississippi State of all schools to a number one ranking nationally, and has, as has been mentioned, quarterbacked a team that went 4-12 the year before he was drafted to 32 wins in three years, starting from day one. A competitor’s not gonna look at all that and say sure my teams keep winning but I’m not actually that good, I should ask for something more modest. It’s a weird situation in that I don’t think he’s close to worth it but I understand both why he would think he is and why they would be willing to give it to him. And I think it’s gonna bite them in the ass.

Football is a business too though, and Cowboys fans are a special brand of delusional/entitled. They would burn shit to the ground if they let him walk and signed a Sam Bradford type to be a bridge while they tried to find their next guy, and Jerry knows that.

Can’t defend Zeke at all though, that dude is on one. If you’re gonna hold out at least wait til the last year of your deal. And unlike Dak who has effectively made the minimum his whole career, Zeke as a top five pick is already making damn good money.
    And again, I agree with you're assessment of where Dak is coming from and the specialness of Dallas, but players are supposed to have managers and agents around them from the business side of this game to keep things in perspective. Who's managing Zeke, Lamar's mom?

But yes, relativity speaking, Zeke is the bigger idiot, already making good money, etc..

As another poster just mentioned though, there are salvageable options under 15 million out there. Dalton, Fitzmagic, etc.. they might freak out for not keeping Dak now, but if they actually spend half their cap on 3 players, they will go 2-14 for the duration of those contracts and they'll freak out anyway.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Zeke and the OL make that offense run, not Super JAG nor Amari "I got fired by duh Raidahs" Cooper.

Dallas is doomed 3 divas all want to be overpaid.

Either way, I feel like we're seeing these star driven team meltdowns more often. Pittsburgh last year. Cowboys this year. Owners can't be happy with this. And they always win. Wouldn't be surprised to see percentage based cap limits in the new CBA like no player can get paid more than 15 percent cap. Most players won't be against, it spreads it around and makes these top guys contracts way easier...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by guymf4 View Post
    Either way, I feel like we're seeing these star driven team meltdowns more often. Pittsburgh last year. Cowboys this year. Owners can't be happy with this. And they always win. Wouldn't be surprised to see percentage based cap limits in the new CBA like no player can get paid more than 15 percent cap. Most players won't be against, it spreads it around and makes these top guys contracts way easier...

That is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    That is a great idea.
    Make a DeThanos meme for it and maybe the idea will take off. Nothing this league hates more than divas. Fans too.

I don't know why more teams don't just franchise then move on. Dak Prescott isn't worth 40 million and I doubt anyone gives it in FA. Stop being worried about losing these mediocre qb's treat them as what they disposable.

Blog Entries

Just franchise him next season and take it from there. The Redskins did provide a model of how to handle this situation as long as you are okay with drafting a rookie in the 1st round in the near future. Honestly there might not be the market for Dak that he's expecting and it's possible the could do a deal after he sees that. This isn't exactly a top talent by any metric.

Blog Entries

People in that price range need to be guys that make you SB contenders just by having them on your team, and Dak isn't that guy. Dak is closer to a guy like Andy Dalton than he is to a guy like Russ Wilson IMO. A guy who plays pretty well with strong talent around him, but who isn't going to take over a game by himself.

Pay Zeke and Cooper, keep the OL together and the key defensive pieces, and you can bring a rookie in and have them set up for success immediately. The Cowboys are kind of my NFC team since my best friend is a Cowboys fan and we've swapped teams as our non-conference teams (he claims the Ravens as his AFC team), as a casual follower it makes a lot more sense to me to go that route than paying Dak 30M+.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

If I were the cowboys I would just go into next draft assuming im drafting a replacement. Franchise him for a year or two (depending how ready the rook is) and youll likely be able to trade him for something higher than a 3rd anyway.

Id also let Zeke walk. doesnt pay to pay RBs, and Id rather keep my OL (Frederick is up), than the RB that benefits from them.

Cooper Is a hard one for me. I dont think hes worthy of top 5 money either, but out of the 3 I think hes the better option based off a premium position and how good he is at it. Zekes a better RB than Cooper is WR and both are better than Dak at QB. RBs arent in low supply. So Thats the only reason Id consider Cooper, but thats a hard price to swallow.
    -JAB

Shit if the ‘Boys get lucky...maybe they can pick up Big Joe for a song and trade Dak. Joe behind that line with Zeke and Cooper and a decent TE would most likely win the NFC East. Lol. Dak is a Fantasy Qb. Guys like Joe win. Cousins started this mess. How that dude got that paycheck is beyond me. My man basically shows up wearing a ski mask when he gets paid. Now Dak wants to borrow it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm loving this. I hope Jerry Jones is having a shit fit.

I agree that they shouldn't pay Dak and just draft a replacement or trade for someone like Flacco. Hell, why not trade for Nick Mullens who would probably do just fine with that OL, Zeke and Cooper?
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    32-16 as a starter, never missed a game, won offensive rookie of the year. Really good completion% and TD/Int ratio. Not a TD machine by any means. Plays behind a stellar offensive line.

13-3 as a rookie when Zeke had over 1600 yards and 15 touchdowns.
    9-7 when Zeke played 10 games and was under 1000 yards
    10-6 last year when Zeke had over 1400 yards

There’s definitely a trend there. Prescott’s surface numbers look really good, but he isn’t the engine of that offense. Didn’t dive deep enough to see what kind of fourth quarter QB he really is. Flacco was never about stats he just won, but a back like Zeke just grinds you down in the fourth quarter and Dak just has to play smart and clean and let Zeke and the line do the work.

30 million is fair, 40 million is ludicrous, so the middle is somewhere near 35, the same thing SB champ Russell Wilson got behind a shaky offensive line, and no real big time offensive weapons.

He gets overpaid there goes that stellar offensive line.