Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Rumour: Jimmy Smith being shopped

I'm not a fan at this point. I don't believe it would be for Clowney (Smith for Clowney is not an even swap unless we include draft compensation), and I don't see any value in weakening this year's team for a mid round draft pick.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Not sure how Id feel about that. If the return was Clowney on a rental, I dont think Id be too happy. He signs longterm, Id be happier about it. No question this team is stronger at CB than PR right now, but im not sure about trading a vet and frankly great CB for a draft pick before TC is even over. Injuries happen. I dont think thats likely so youd likely be talking a pick. Youd be weakening this teams biggest strength this year and not improving anywhere else. player for player would be the only thing I see as an advantage to us unless we package the pick for another player.
    -JAB

Hate to speculate and it would be pretty underhanded to deal with him a suspension coming so I doubt it’s anything as concrete as that but I wonder if there are other off field concerns with him and we’re just ready to cut bait. I certainly hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Not sure how Id feel about that. If the return was Clowney on a rental, I dont think Id be too happy. He signs longterm, Id be happier about it.
    I think I would trade Jimmy Smith if it meant we could just borrow Clowney for a game or two lol

Obviously I'd be all over Jadeveon Clowney, but getting a draft pick out of him would've made a whole hell of a lot more sense before free agency.

Blog Entries

I don't think they'd trade for Clowney as a rental. He's not gonna show up until September without a new deal. I guess the responsibilities would be fairly easy to grasp as a pass rusher but still. Seems unlikely.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

So far here's what I've put together. Jimmy got pulled early from practice, folks heard from their sources that there was a discussion of a trade. People put 2 and 2 together and have come to the conclusion that Jimmy was pulled from practice because something was 'close'. Bunch of rumbles amongst the media folks at practice.

That's all. So sounds like pure speculation built around the fact that he was pulled from practice and no knew why. The PFT dog account does this a lot and they use it on PMT as a runnign gag that they can get peopel riled up. Sometimes it's right, but most times it's wrong.

SO may have jumped the gun on this one.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Multiple people at camp.

I'm reporting it as a rumour, not as a fact. It has not been reported by any blue check marks. Very much a rumour.
    With the way Anthony Averrit is emerging, we could absorb such a trade. I would love for it to be a part of a mega deal to get Clowney. We would actually have upgraded our team. But if it's for a 2nd, then I would still do it. I

It would make it easier to deal our first for a Clowney or Yannick (who I doubt would cost a 1st), or even for a Guard, or maybe even a WR (Julio Jones?) I know crazy there.

But say we get a 2nd for Jimmy Smith and then trade our 1st for someone. We could package the two 2s and another to move into the 1st.

I think this should be done. We are ridiculously deep in the secondary. And with Bennet Jackson and Averrit playing well, time to deal from strength to strengthen another spot on the team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Not sure how Id feel about that. If the return was Clowney on a rental, I dont think Id be too happy. He signs longterm, Id be happier about it. No question this team is stronger at CB than PR right now, but im not sure about trading a vet and frankly great CB for a draft pick before TC is even over. Injuries happen. I dont think thats likely so youd likely be talking a pick. Youd be weakening this teams biggest strength this year and not improving anywhere else. player for player would be the only thing I see as an advantage to us unless we package the pick for another player.
    This is the last year Jimmy Smith is under contract, so he is essentially a one-year rental as well, unless the team he is traded to signed him long-term. It doesn't look as though the Texans want to pay Clowney what he wants, so this will likely be the last year he plays for them. I would do this deal as a straight up trade, but would not throw in anything more than a 5th round pick if I had to.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

People that scoffed at me in the past are continuously lining up for the crow

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Multiple sources reporting JImmy is being dealt with Houston as the landing spot.

No blue check marks yet, so it's still a rumour.

I will not be happy with that.
    Source/Link?

Edit: NM, just saw your last post. I guess I'm just curious on how the Texans are the potential other team.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I've got a text into Aaron Wilson who is on the beat for the Texans. If I hear anything I'll be happy to share.
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi