Page 1 of 21 123 ... LastLast

Rumour: Jimmy Smith being shopped

Multiple sources reporting JImmy is being dealt with Houston as the landing spot.

No blue check marks yet, so it's still a rumour.

I will not be happy with that.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Re: Rumour: Jimmy Smith being shopped

I will. I thought he'd be a cap cut. If they get a legit draft pick back that's gravy in my book.

Or maybe --- juuuuust maybe --- this is a Jimmy Smith for Jadeveon Clowney trade

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I will. I thought he'd be a cap cut. If they get a legit draft pick back that's gravy in my book.

Or maybe --- juuuuust maybe --- this is a Jimmy Smith for Jadeveon Clowney trade
    If it's for a player like that then I'm for it.

If it's for a 2020 pick I'm nto going ot be happy. I would have preferred they moved him prior to FA so we could have used that 10M towards Roger Saffold, Matt Paradis, etc.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

I'm not sure how I'd feel about that. They must be pretty confident in Averette to be shopping him. The question is what would we get in return? A 2020 draft pick? If so, it needs to be no less than a 3rd round pick.

https://twitter.com/search?q=jimmy%2...d_query&f=live

I'm not really seeing anything credible suggesting so on twitter. Where did you hear these things?

Jimmy for a third or Jimmy and a Third for Clooney? Hmm I could Get down with that. Assuming Health of Carr, Humphries and Young he is superfluous.
    Deep depth is super strong as well with SJB, Canady and Iman.
    Heck this even sort of helps the ST problems with Cyrus and Bethel... keep both now.

Yeah moving Lewis and Vedvik for picks makes sense to me because those guys weren’t going to be factors in 2019 anyway. Not really stoked to weaken this year’s team for a 4th round pick. There’s no one worth using the cap savings on at this point anyway

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Yeah moving Lewis and Vedvik for picks makes sense to me because those guys weren’t going to be factors in 2019 anyway. Not really stoked to weaken this year’s team for a 4th round pick. There’s no one worth using the cap savings on at this point anyway
    Exactly where I'm at.
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Josepho View Post
    https://twitter.com/search?q=jimmy%2...d_query&f=live

I'm not really seeing anything credible suggesting so on twitter. Where did you hear these things?
    Multiple people at camp.

I'm reporting it as a rumour, not as a fact. It has not been reported by any blue check marks. Very much a rumour.
    - Ray Lewis

OMG, if we somehow got Clowney out of this I might be willing to pitch in order to have a Decosta statue built in front of M&T Stadium

Blog Entries

Off the top of my head, this only makes sense if a pass rusher is coming back to us. The pass rush had issues last season, forcing Coach Martindale to lean on blitzes to generate pressure. A good portion of our sacks were coverage sacks. It is almost inevitable that you'll deal with injuries in the secondary. So, even if Jimmy doesn't look as hot to trot, unless you're improving the pass rush, I wouldn't move him now. Honestly, it should have been done before now.

You would think that Jimmy Smith could garner a third round comp pick if he plays well. So, you'd think that a trade would be for more than that. The only other idea I can think of would be to trade him for Offensive Line help, but Houston has even more issues with their offensive line than we do.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Well the comp pick would conceivably be a year later, and come st the end of the round. So trading for a bad teams 5th next year is similar to getting a 3rd round comp pick the following year, value- wise.
    Also. Re: Cap savings... we can carry it into next year making cap issues a thing of the pst moving forward..: