Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: What in the World (Orioles)

This does not bode well for MLB, and by extension, the NFL.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

There is no way in the name of Hades that the NFL will have a season.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I think they'll start the season - maybe, if they can get to that point without a run of cases - but highly doubt the season is played to completion as currently scheduled.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

They will likely catch a storm for trying, but you may be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Yeah, 105.7 was joking that Hogan wasn't going to let them back into MD. Joking, but seriously - if this was the Yankees would they be allowed back to NY? Are they exempt from the quarantine rules some states have in place? Hopefully they are already on a flight home.
    unfortunately only tonight's game is postponed at this point, and since it's already mid-afternoon it seems almost certain the O's will have to stay at least overnight in Miami. Also the league is labelling the games "postponed" so it looks like the O's will in fact have to make a second trip to COVIDland in the next few months.

I think they'll start the season - maybe, if they can get to that point without a run of cases - but highly doubt the season is played to completion as currently scheduled.
    This is exactly what I'm thinking. They will attempt to have a season, then it will quickly get derailed after the cases and IR start piling up.

Wondering what the point of contact was that so many Marlins' personnel became afflicted?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Wondering what the point of contact was that so many Marlins' personnel became afflicted?
    Yeah, seriously. 4 more players tested positive today. I don't know if we'll ever know but someone or someones had to have completely disregarded every safety protocol MLB has in place...
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Yeah, seriously. 4 more players tested positive today. I don't know if we'll ever know but someone or someones had to have completely disregarded every safety protocol MLB has in place...
    Saw some slightly good news on this, none of the Phillies have come back positive since the Marlin series per ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Poor Hades. The Rodney Dangerfield of gods.

Blog Entries

From Marly Rivera of ESPN:

I've spoken to several MLB managers in both Leagues, and one thing they're really concerned about has been team hotels being full of people, Two managers told me about weddings being celebrated at the team hotel, which were really crowded and no social distancing was practiced.
    So...I assume the NFL will have this same problem unless they plan to rent out all of every hotel teams stay in?
    back on twitter

12. Re: What in the World (Orioles)

Quote Originally Posted by cjandrze View Post
    Saw some slightly good news on this, none of the Phillies have come back positive since the Marlin series per ESPN
    How long is the period in which you can have it before the test picks up on it? I've seen 5 days elsewhere. If accurate, that would mean none of the tests now are useful for determining if the Marlins passed it on yet.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)