Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: What in the World (Orioles)

Really?! The first *Expletive* game of the season and you're down 10-0 after FOUR INNINGS?!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

#ThatsSoOs

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I mean, I don't know what you guys expected. Being bad is the plan for this year and probably next year too.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Well - the pressure of a 60 win season is over.

Baseball in 2020 is in need of a mercy rule. Otherwise, Lord have mercy!

maybe the kneeling wore them out, should play the Bad News Bears theme music before games, instead of the National Anthem, more befitting of the team

In the Ravens entire history, they only went through one legit blow-it-up rebuilt.

That was after the 2001 season, and they went 7-9 the next year. Watching what the O’s are going through definitely makes you appreciate the quality of the football franchise in town.

It also makes you appreciate the difference between football and baseball. In baseball, once your entire minor league system is trash, you really are looking at no choice but a multi-year rebuild. Football *can* be turned around much quicker. Unless you’re the Browns.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    This isn’t so bad. They are only down a touchdown and a field goal.
    And a 2 point conversion

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    In the Ravens entire history, they only went through one legit blow-it-up rebuilt.

That was after the 2001 season, and they went 7-9 the next year. Watching what the O’s are going through definitely makes you appreciate the quality of the football franchise in town.

It also makes you appreciate the difference between football and baseball. In baseball, once your entire minor league system is trash, you really are looking at no choice but a multi-year rebuild. Football *can* be turned around much quicker. Unless you’re the Browns.
    Football does not have to finance it's feeder system to develop players like baseball does. Colleges form footballs feeder system and do so on their own nickel; baseball has their Minor League affiliates to develop and groom players to be major league caliber. Football through the draft and UDFA's gets to 'cherry pick' the best that the colleges can develop and then polish those skills to the NFL level. The NFL level skills appear easier to polish than do baseball skills.

One rarely hears of any 'rookie' player transitioning from HS or College one year to be a Major League STAR the next - such transitioning happens regularly in the NFL, barely ever in baseball.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Orioles retired in order to start the season

I thought the orioles retired last season... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    Football does not have to finance it's feeder system to develop players like baseball does. Colleges form footballs feeder system and do so on their own nickel; baseball has their Minor League affiliates to develop and groom players to be major league caliber. Football through the draft and UDFA's gets to 'cherry pick' the best that the colleges can develop and then polish those skills to the NFL level. The NFL level skills appear easier to polish than do baseball skills.

One rarely hears of any 'rookie' player transitioning from HS or College one year to be a Major League STAR the next - such transitioning happens regularly in the NFL, barely ever in baseball.
    This is well said regarding why it takes longer to rebuild in baseball; even college draft picks take 2-3 years to make a major league team. My highlight is merely emphasizing a major expense the NFL doesn't have to worry about.

Adley Rutschman was the #1 overall pick in 2019 and he won't be with the Orioles until 2021.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I thought the orioles retired last season... Bc
    Going into today's game (7/26) the O's are tied for First in their division !!!!