Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Re: What in the World (Orioles)

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    And with 2 more through 4 innings - including another by Torres, JFC, what more does it take to learn not to pitch to someone you are unable to pitch to? - you are undoubtedly correct.
    For what it's worth, 4 or 5 teams are on pace to break the Reds record. The Orioles are just way ahead of everyone else.

The other thing is, they allow HRs to pretty much anyone. Sure, they could walk Torres. But they also allow some guy named Mike Ford (came into today slugging .333) to hit a HR. 2 of Ford's 3 HRs have come against the O's (only ~70 PAs). The Orioles really do turn every opposing batter into a 35 HR hitter!
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Re: What in the World (Orioles)

Issue for tonight: does Torres get more HR than Davs gets Ks? Right now tied at 2.

What the Yanks have done this season to the O’s goes beyond domination. If they don’t score 10+ runs it’s an off night for them.

And with numerous backup players, considering all the injuries NYY have had.

Os offense is not bad, but they have a JV HS pitching staff.

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    They're on pace to go over 330 (334 coming into today). They do get to play some weaker offenses, but they're going above 300.

A different perspective: the Rays have allowed the fewest HRs in MLB this season - 132 in 1082 IP (1.10 HR/9). If the Orioles pitching staff magically performed at that same level, they'd just barely sneak in under 300 (44 games, ~48 HRs, so 293 total). In reality, they allow nearly twice as many HR/9 (2.11). If you want an over/under number, you're going to have to bump it a little higher.
    I still think they should have had the O's pitching staff pitch during Home Run Derby at the All Star break.

6. Re: What in the World (Orioles)

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    What the Yanks have done this season to the O’s goes beyond domination. If they don’t score 10+ runs it’s an off night for them.
    17 games (thank god there are only 2 more). Broken ten runs 5 times. Scored nine runs 2 other times. 137 runs in 17 games, 8.05 runs/game.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    I still think they should have had the O's pitching staff pitch during Home Run Derby at the All Star break.
    Heh. Cobb, Straily, and Hess would have done a bang up job.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

I thought for sure someone would post it. https://twitter.com/Cut4/status/1160660924950351872

This is literally the worst throw I've ever seen a MLB player make. Looked like 50cent

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    I thought for sure someone would post it. https://twitter.com/Cut4/status/1160660924950351872

This is literally the worst throw I've ever seen a MLB player make. Looked like 50cent
    Bang your hand against the wall on your arm extension to throw and see what happens!

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post

It almost cost the game! Little league play

Sadly that's a more accurate throw than most of the team's pitchers can make.

Blog Entries

Orioles retired in order to start the season

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

This isn’t so bad. They are only down a touchdown and a field goal.