Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Re: What in the World (Orioles)

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    welcome back OC
    Thanks Baldy! I'm ready for Baltimore's other sports team to make me forget about the semi-professional one!
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Re: What in the World (Orioles)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Thanks Baldy! I'm ready for Baltimore's other sports team to make me forget about the semi-professional one!
    The Blast's season doesn't start until after Thanksgiving.

Rio Ruiz hits a walk off homer to give the O’s an improbable 8-7 comeback win a day after losing 23-2, so it’s a good look that they aren’t just phoning it in at this point. Chris Davis had a timely sac fly, he also went 0-4 with 4 strikeouts though.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Rio Ruiz hits a walk off homer to give the O’s an improbable 8-7 comeback win a day after losing 23-2, so it’s a good look that they aren’t just phoning it in at this point. Chris Davis had a timely sac fly, he also went 0-4 with 4 strikeouts though.
    I don't give a crap about that anyone see Santander?

This is why baseball is so entirely different than football, and can be enjoyed so much more leisurely.

George Carlin was so right, as he always was.

Oh, and for all our new, "on topic policeman" who don't see the relevance, how about this?

Today's win one of the biggest upsets in baseball the past 15 years:

http://https://www.espn.com/chalk/st...ggest-15-years

Blog Entries

What a way to answer. boom!

The Action Network
    ✔@ActionNetworkHQ

Orioles walk-off to beat the Astros!

Biggest MLB moneyline upsets since 2005:

+406: Orioles (Today vs. Astros)
    +395: Nationals (2007 at Twins)
    +360: Royals (2018 at Yankees)
    +351: Tigers (2018 at Astros)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    What a way to answer. boom!

The Action Network
    @ActionNetworkHQ

Orioles walk-off to beat the Astros!

Biggest MLB moneyline upsets since 2005:

+406: Orioles (Today vs. Astros)
    +395: Nationals (2007 at Twins)
    +360: Royals (2018 at Yankees)
    +351: Tigers (2018 at Astros)
    That was a wild game! Kudos to the O's for digging deep on what would've been another rough loss

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

And then just like that, another 4 HRs surrendered - in only the first game of a doubleheader, and with Torres getting yet another one. Now only 14 away from the team single season record (258), with three more games versus NY in this series, and Yankees had 16 in a 3-game series last week.

Odds on getting to 300?

11. Re: What in the World (Orioles)

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    And then just like that, another 4 HRs surrendered - in only the first game of a doubleheader, and with Torres getting yet another one. Now only 14 away from the team single season record (258), with three more games versus NY in this series, and Yankees had 16 in a 3-game series last week.

Odds on getting to 300?
    They're on pace to go over 330 (334 coming into today). They do get to play some weaker offenses, but they're going above 300.

A different perspective: the Rays have allowed the fewest HRs in MLB this season - 132 in 1082 IP (1.10 HR/9). If the Orioles pitching staff magically performed at that same level, they'd just barely sneak in under 300 (44 games, ~48 HRs, so 293 total). In reality, they allow nearly twice as many HR/9 (2.11). If you want an over/under number, you're going to have to bump it a little higher.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

And with 2 more through 4 innings - including another by Torres, JFC, what more does it take to learn not to pitch to someone you are unable to pitch to? - you are undoubtedly correct.