Blog Entries

Brian Baldinger breaks down tape of some of Ed Reed's most memorable plays.

"Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Brian Baldinger breaks down tape of some of Ed Reed's most memorable plays.

The GOAT!

I just saw this and wondered if someone already posted it. Sorry I just have to zombie this thread

My God....he was so freaking good...that is all.

Blog Entries

Ed Reed truly revolutionized the position. He completely changed the way the position is valued, as well as the requirements for the position.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Ed Reed truly revolutionized the position. He completely changed the way the position is valued, as well as the requirements for the position.
    Truth!

The only problem is, I still haven't seen a player come close to what he was able to do on the field. In fact, He may have over-revolutionized it to the point where what he did is impossible to replicate. The fact that some of his most memorable plays were against HOF QBs just ups the ante even more. And even with Baldy's breakdown film, it doesn't even address the 1st 3 quarters of his NFL career where he was also laying people the fuck out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Truth!

The only problem is, I still haven't seen a player come close to what he was able to do on the field. In fact, He may have over-revolutionized it to the point where what he did is impossible to replicate. The fact that some of his most memorable plays were against HOF QBs just ups the ante even more. And even with Baldy's breakdown film, it doesn't even address the 1st 3 quarters of his NFL career where he was also laying people the fuck out.
    That is certainly an aspect of his career that gets overlooked. Before he injured his neck in 2006, he was a Strong Safety, laying big hits all over the place, while also racking up interceptions. He wasn't some Centerfielder FS his entire career, the way he's portrayed in comparisons with Polamalu.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Dan Marino used to be my favorite NFL player of all time, but watching Ed Reed make so many jaw-dropping plays over the years. Nobody can match him. He was just pure amazing.