Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Speaking of Head Cases...

I would think that a player with his skills and talent would be able to adapt to a new type of helmet, even if it restricts their field of view.
    "Put your goggles on, 'cause there's gonna be blood and guts everywhere!" - SSSr

Blog Entries

I guess there are two ways of looking at this.

1. The NFL is striving to make the game safer for the players thereby increasing the player's longevity in the game and reducing any longterm health risks. From that perspective, the NFL should take a hard line and require all players to wear the most up-to-date approved equipment. Otherwise, the NFL is taking a risk and exposing themselves to future liability issues. A good example would be a punter wanting to wear the old 1-bar face mask. I can't see the NFL authorizing that - even if the punter wanted to wear it.

2. Antonio Brown is a grown man and has played this game for a long time. If he wants to risk his well-being by wearing a helmet that is old and potentially unsafe, then that's his prerogative. The NFL should protect themselves though and make him sign some sort of legally binding agreement that any long term/short term related head injuries are on him.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    With all the lawsuits and potential legal action there is no way they can grandfather a piece of safety equipment. The NFL spent $60 million to study helmet technology. They had a deal with the NFLPA to get rid of anything that didn't meet these new standards by this year. If they now allow players to violate these safety standards for any reason they open the doors up to legal action that the would have a difficult time defending. Brown is either going to have to find a new helmet from the approved list he likes or quit the NFL.
    Definitely. It's a slippery slope when you start letting players dictate the equipment they can or cannot wear.

Remember when WR's weren't wearing pads in their pants because it slowed them down?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Question Re: Speaking of Head Cases...

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Brown is either going to have to find a new helmet from the approved list he likes or quit the NFL.
    It would be mind boggling to me if he quit/retired. Here's a 31 year old man, a 9 year NFL veteran still at the top of his game (more than 100 receptions 6 years in a row, with 67 TDs over that period) and $30 million guaranteed for the next two years. I know I'm not in his (mental) shoes, but how can you walk away from that? Suck it up, get a compliant helmet, and collect your $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    SMH gently because I'm not wearing a helmet... Bc

Blog Entries

The NFL should absolutely not pander to this nonsense. NOBODY else that wore this style of helmet is threatening retirement over it, even those that don't like it, like Tom Brady as I mentioned before. If the GOAT QB can deal with it and whatever limitations the new ones have, then Antonio Brown can to. Either that, or sit the fuck at home.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

His was not due to safety reasons. Let him sign a waiver and move on

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

7. Re: Speaking of Head Cases...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    His was not due to safety reasons. Let him sign a waiver and move on
    I guess you could grandfather some guys in, but then it’s a slippery slope.

Whether it’s AB, the now retired Rishard Matthews or even the great Colin Kaepernick, I don’t view them as “head cases”. It’s much more of a maturity issue with these guys. They are all incredibly ungrateful, narcissistic and immature. Maybe that can be said for many of us when we were in our 20’s and early 30’s, but they are all pathetic men by real standards.

Quote Originally Posted by ERey View Post
    A Steelers fan told me Brown said the new helmet takes some of his vision away. IMO Brown is the best in the league and it's not even close. If he says the new helmet is to restrictive I believe him. Maybe they need to grandfather the new helmet in.
    i rather have nuk

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    i rather have nuk
    With his off field baggage, age and contract, there are probably 10 WR’s in the league I’d gladly take over him.

Still believe that he is going to struggle in Oakland. He started throwing hissy fits in Pittsburgh with some of the most talented offensive weapons in the league and an always competitive team.

What in the hell is he going to do in Oakland when things go south in say week 8 for the first time ever in his career? It’s going to be fun to watch.

Blog Entries

Mr Big Chest

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I don't know how AB can complain that the "new" helmets block his vision. Looks like Tommy B has one that has no obstructions...

Blog Entries

Any chance the Raiders send AB this "five-day letter" effectively voiding his contract? The Raiders would only lose $1 million if they were to do this.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ve-day-letter/
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare