Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Speaking of Head Cases...

I think his feet are bad enough that he is worried that he is done, or in for a very long rehab with uncertain outcome. The old helmet foolishness is an excuse to avoid shining the spotlight on his mortifying, stupid accident.

He wants, needs, to be incommunicado.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Honestly this is a damn shame. AB is a great wide receiver. It’s sad to watch him lose himself like this. Cautionary tale.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Whatever it is about his helmet specifically that is so important to him, perhaps he could work with a company like Nike to design a compliant helmet. Maybe even put his AB on it and make millions. just a thought
    He said it's the vision. The newer helmets have more material which impacts the field of view. It's like driving a car with a different shaped windshield. AB says he won't be able to play as well because he won't be able to see. No one else seems to be complaining publicly about this though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bst3975 View Post
    I always liked Mike Mayock's insights, but at this point you wonder if he's starting to realize how much easier it is to toss out player evaluations on TV than to actually have to construct a roster.
    Great point. The Raiders signed Incognito who is a ticking time bomb and really does have mental illness. He's even talked about it in the past.

Mayock may be good at analyzing the football skills of a player but now he has to understand their quirks and personalities. That's not so easy. He's brought some of these guys who other teams wouldn't go near like Burfict and Incognito. Mayock is going to learn this season that there is more to playing in the NFL than just football skills.

Quote Originally Posted by 4Fights View Post
    Honestly this is a damn shame. AB is a great wide receiver. It’s sad to watch him lose himself like this. Cautionary tale.
    Yeah as much as some of this is funny to me...it shouldn't be. Something is clearly off with him

Sent from my SM-T560NU using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Great point. The Raiders signed Incognito who is a ticking time bomb and really does have mental illness. He's even talked about it in the past.

Mayock may be good at analyzing the football skills of a player but now he has to understand their quirks and personalities. That's not so easy. He's brought some of these guys who other teams wouldn't go near like Burfict and Incognito. Mayock is going to learn this season that there is more to playing in the NFL than just football skills.
    I wonder if he is the GM or just an adviser to the coach.

Blog Entries

He said it's the vision. The newer helmets have more material which impacts the field of view. It's like driving a car with a different shaped windshield. AB says he won't be able to play as well because he won't be able to see. No one else seems to be complaining publicly about this though
    there were 32 players who apparently got a grace period to wear these banned helmets last year, including Tom Brady. But now the ban is in place and AB apparently can't find an acceptable helmet.

Talks about him being ill are sad to me, the guy is uber competitive and wants his damn helmet. Now I do think of all of the options, he should be able to find something that he can live with... but apparently not yet. Also doesn't sound like his helmet is banned due to safety issues like the others, so why not let him wear it?

Brown wears a Schutt Air Advantage helmet, which is problematic for two reasons. For one, there's three Schutt helmets on the banned list, and two, Brown's helmet model is so old that the company doesn't even make it anymore.
    According CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora, that second reason is the bigger problem here. Basically, the receiver's helmet model hasn't necessarily been banned due to a safety issue, it's been banned because it's too old.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...ed-by-the-nfl/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Sure hope he doesn't reach his younger cousin this way of being a team player n

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

AB did nothing wrong (by exposing Ben for being the shits).

Also helmet safety is a meme that the NFL wastes millions of dollars on. Take that money and use it for giving players retirement benefits.

Just find him a 2011 model. Its 10 yrs isn't up until 2021.

He knows he can't practice because he screwed up his feet. This is just something to take away he screwed up.

Blog Entries

I think Odell Beckham Jr. is on the same path as AB.

Blog Entries

Is Mayock even running the show? Doesnt he basically answer to Gruden?