Page 1 of 12 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Speaking of Head Cases...

Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Re: Speaking of Head Cases...

I'm very glad he's off the Steelers roster.

I’m not being funny, I’m worried about him. He needs to be evaluated. I think he’s got serious issues. He’s a person first and I want him to get some help.

Quote Originally Posted by BHSU View Post
    He never used to be like this. Used to be hard worker and humble
    There's actually more in common between him and a certain political figure I'm not supposed to talk about on this board, than he would care to admit.

Both of them are enjoying success right now. So maybe it doesn't matter in the end.

There's some thoughts on the interwebs that he hasn't been the same since that hits from Burfict.

Blog Entries

Whatever it is about his helmet specifically that is so important to him, perhaps he could work with a company like Nike to design a compliant helmet. Maybe even put his AB on it and make millions. just a thought

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Whatever it is about his helmet specifically that is so important to him, perhaps he could work with a company like Nike to design a compliant helmet. Maybe even put his AB on it and make millions. just a thought
    He said it's the vision. The newer helmets have more material which impacts the field of view. It's like driving a car with a different shaped windshield. AB says he won't be able to play as well because he won't be able to see. No one else seems to be complaining publicly about this though

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    He said it's the vision. The newer helmets have more material which impacts the field of view. It's like driving a car with a different shaped windshield. AB says he won't be able to play as well because he won't be able to see. No one else seems to be complaining publicly about this though
    there were 32 players who apparently got a grace period to wear these banned helmets last year, including Tom Brady. But now the ban is in place and AB apparently can't find an acceptable helmet.

Talks about him being ill are sad to me, the guy is uber competitive and wants his damn helmet. Now I do think of all of the options, he should be able to find something that he can live with... but apparently not yet. Also doesn't sound like his helmet is banned due to safety issues like the others, so why not let him wear it?

Brown wears a Schutt Air Advantage helmet, which is problematic for two reasons. For one, there's three Schutt helmets on the banned list, and two, Brown's helmet model is so old that the company doesn't even make it anymore.
    According CBS Sports NFL Insider Jason La Canfora, that second reason is the bigger problem here. Basically, the receiver's helmet model hasn't necessarily been banned due to a safety issue, it's been banned because it's too old.
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...ed-by-the-nfl/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    there were 32 players who apparently got a grace period to wear these banned helmets last year, including Tom Brady. But now the ban is in place and AB apparently can't find an acceptable helmet.

Talks about him being ill are sad to me, the guy is uber competitive and wants his damn helmet. Now I do think of all of the options, he should be able to find something that he can live with... but apparently not yet. Also doesn't sound like his helmet is banned due to safety issues like the others, so why not let him wear it?
    There are multiple players, as you said, that wore this helmet and have to switch this year and only one of them is pitching a fit about it and threatening to retire. I saw a quote from Brady essentially saying he doesn't love the helmet he's wearing now, but he knows he doesn't have a choice. You want to tell me Tom Brady isn't uber competitive too? This is a head case being a head case, or at the very least a diva being a diva, it has nothing to do with being competitive.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I think the Burfict hit scrambled him a little. He’s clearly not well.

He actually painted an old helmet to resemble the Raiders one and tried to pass it off. The guy is tragically mental.

Even Terrell Owens never pulled stuff quite as bizarre as this. It’s like some cocktail of narcissism mixed with mental illness.