Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Re: The Complicated Case of Patrick Ricard

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    He just keeps making plays. Against scrubs, but hes making them and thats enough. They obviously still need a BIG package for goaline and hes doing very well in that FB role.

I think he makes it.
    I think his role as BIG package short yardage FB makes him a lock to make the team. I know there was a debate over keeping Dixon as a 4th back, but I don't think that happens now. I would rather find a spot for Ricard; his role as a bulldozer in a jumbo package makes him more valuable on gameday than a 4th back. Not to mention providing depth on the Dline

Ricard balled out last night... again..

He’s clearly in a league above all of the camp bodies and scrubs. His utility and strengths have value. He could play the blocking half of the Boyle role in a pinch, and offer some sort of versatility. That alone should have him firmly in the lead for the final lineman position.

He’s making this team. They’re not calling his number on those dive plays if they think he’s getting cut. They don’t really have another FB on the roster.

And btw, I *loved* those FB dives. They ran it a couple times. So now the defense has to gear up to stop 300lbs of beef coming up the gut, and when McSorley finally fakes the handoff, he can stroll for 17 yards up the field on short-yardage because the entire D has to guard against that dive play.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    He’s making this team. They’re not calling his number on those dive plays if they think he’s getting cut. They don’t really have another FB on the roster.

And btw, I *loved* those FB dives. They ran it a couple times. So now the defense has to gear up to stop 300lbs of beef coming up the gut, and when McSorley finally fakes the handoff, he can stroll for 17 yards up the field on short-yardage because the entire D has to guard against that dive play.

To paraphrase Brian Baldinger: "The Ravens offense is going to be a problem"

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

would anyone give up a 3rd for ricard?

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Nah

The FB dive is such an underappreciated play. The threat of having it available leaves at least 3 options (running alone) at the snap to the offense. If you guess wrong, you're screwed. It could be anywhere from a 2 yard gain to a 20 yard gain. It may also be possible to build a read into the play for Jackson post snap for a tell from Ricard and whoever the RB is for what Jackson should do. At that point, it doesn't matter what the defense reads - it's all too late. Sell out to stop a FB dive - now it's a pitch to the RB. Anticipate a pitch - now Jackson runs the other way. Anticipate off tackle runs - we're running up the gut with a FB dive.

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Hahahahhaha
    Wait this was serious?

11. Re: The Complicated Case of Patrick Ricard

Add Hollywood in motion for a fake jet sweep....man on man.

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    Add Hollywood in motion for a fake jet sweep....man on man.
    Weird...I kept being told that GT ran a high school offense and we're talking about an NFL team running the same plays. Lol

I think it's a great tool to have stashed in the tool box. Don't base your offense around it, but run it every now and then to give the defense one more thing to think about.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk