Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The Complicated Case of Patrick Ricard

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    I won’t overreact to one game, and I hope he proves me wrong, but I have this sneaking suspicion that Mack could be this year’s Robert “Snacks” Myers; I didn’t like either pick at the time.
    It’s not one game to me. I recall him dominating last year on D line as well.

Thread title sounds like a movie

Really? I was going for an “Encyclopedia Brown” book title.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Reminds me of the curious case of Benjamin Button

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Thread title sounds like a movie
    Sounds like a HP Lovecraft novel.

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Really? I was going for an “Encyclopedia Brown” book title.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    You have won the internet. Congratulations to you for this prestigious honor and may the blessings of the gods follow your line.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    I would have thought that he would be cut already if they couldnt move past those tweets. Last year I was quite sure theyd get rid of him. they didnt. they didnt in the offseason either. now here he is, making plays no less. I just dont see why they would now. I do think there has to be some that dont like him for it. Others came out in his defense when it happened and said hes not that guy. He has some friends on the team. Most teams not everybody gets along but im not sure it matters much.

His lack of usage at the end of the season may point to a reason for him not to stick more than the tweets. If they dont plan on using a FB with Lamar he has a lot less value, two way or not. Hes an ok DL but we have better options. I dont think well really know that answer until he makes it or not, because i dont expect us to see much of the new offense in the preseason.
    I think him not being used last season was more a product of the offense they were running with Lamar, they rarely need a FB and when they do Boyle can do it. I think he is still on the team so we can see if he can take the next step on defense and become a quality back up, or a trade chip.

Ricard was absolutely ABUSING the Jags' future UPS drivers last night. He has shown in the past the he can penetrate against quality NFL linemen too. He provides depth on the d-line. Oh, and btw, he is the only fullback on one of the few NFL teams that plans to build their offense around the running game.

A couple weeks ago I thought he was long gone, and not even worth discussion. But with this roster crunch and his performance, it's hard to imagine a 2-for-1 guy like Ricard not making the team. Which brings me to the 'complicated' part.

Last year, some racist tweets from his past surfaced. He never played another snap after that (though I don't think that was clear cause-and-effect.) I was watching last night, and he was getting VERY little love from his teammates after his sacks, pressures, and general domination in the second half. Do you think those bridges are too burned to overcome? Do you think some players are saying, "I don't care how much he apologizes, how much he says that's not the 'real' him, how much he was young and stupid. I just don't want to line up and play with that guy," I really can't blame them if that's the case.
    Several of his teammates came out in support of him after his apology. His apology was sincere, and only a cynical jerk would continue to hold it against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    I think him not being used last season was more a product of the offense they were running with Lamar, they rarely need a FB and when they do Boyle can do it. I think he is still on the team so we can see if he can take the next step on defense and become a quality back up, or a trade chip.
    This is 100% spot on. Look no further than the Boyle contract for confirmation. Right now, he plays the role of promising back up on the DL and to fill in for Boyle should something bad happen. That gives him the leg up for the final DL spots.

Ricard was absolutely ABUSING the Jags' future UPS drivers last night. He has shown in the past the he can penetrate against quality NFL linemen too. He provides depth on the d-line. Oh, and btw, he is the only fullback on one of the few NFL teams that plans to build their offense around the running game.

A couple weeks ago I thought he was long gone, and not even worth discussion. But with this roster crunch and his performance, it's hard to imagine a 2-for-1 guy like Ricard not making the team. Which brings me to the 'complicated' part.

Last year, some racist tweets from his past surfaced. He never played another snap after that (though I don't think that was clear cause-and-effect.) I was watching last night, and he was getting VERY little love from his teammates after his sacks, pressures, and general domination in the second half. Do you think those bridges are too burned to overcome? Do you think some players are saying, "I don't care how much he apologizes, how much he says that's not the 'real' him, how much he was young and stupid. I just don't want to line up and play with that guy," I really can't blame them if that's the case.
    His tweets weren't racist. He used some racially insensitive language as a teenager almost a decade ago. He has since apologized there is nothing complicated about it if someone is still holding onto this it says more about them then Ricard.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    His tweets weren't racist.
    If you call a black person the n-word, that’s racist. I didn’t know there were still people in this planet who did not understand that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by signore View Post
    Crazy idea-maybe not so crazy. Develop Ricard for LG. Add a few pounds and with his blocking skill,there you go,LG
    OL is wayyyy too difficult of a position to get this late of a start. Leave him where he is.